Formula-1 in 2006

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
This season was a disaster for me as far as Formula-1 was concerned. I am a Ferrari and a Michael Schumacher fan and well I was disappointed. Next season would be up from March 12 next year and I am looking forward to it. Barrichello is gone from Ferrari, which is good news, and Massa replaces him. Perhaps Ferrari is waiting for 2007 to get hold of Kimi Raikkonen.Another rumor in the market is that Ferrari would like to bring Valentino Rossi to its Formula-1 team. That would be some interesting move! If Michael retires at the end of next year, a Rossi-Raikkonen duo in the red Ferrari would make for a fantastic viewing.In other stuff, we now have Honda racing as an independent team. BMW also has decided to move away from Williams and would be fielding their own team. Jordan is gone and so is Narain Karthikeyan from what I have heard. Midland is replacing Jordan in collaboration with Toyota, which would be an interesting setup.If Toyota has a second team in the running, so is Honda along with Super Aguri F1. looks like in a couple of years, we would be having Toyota and Honda competing for the title with Ferrari and Mercedes struggling to keep pace with them as it is in the global market. No US based team in Formula-1 goes on to show how their auto industry is fairing in the international market!

iBrood

Feb 15, 2006
Yup, Ferrari will be back this year, but Honda are looking good too. But give Michael a car that's even close the the Renault or Honda, and Alonso and Button don't stand a chance.

avinds

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 31, 2004
Raikkonen-Montoya will rule this time

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
Renault and maybe Honda will be the team to beat atleast in the first few races. McLaren are struggling right now with reliability issues like last year and it pains me to say this....even Ferrari are not exactly setting the time charts ablaze (though i really hope they prove me wrong). And just a couple of corrections to what sushubh said. Midland had taken over Jordan last yer itself but chose to retain the name for the season. Now they'll be known as MF1 Racing and will continue to use Toyota engines like last year. Toyota just provide the engines and have no other involvement in MF1. Same is the case with Honda and Super Aguri. Honda are gonna provide them with the engines and in addition to that are helping them a little with setting up the team and all and nothing else since theirs was quite a late entry.Am hoping Bridgestone get their act together this season which is looking unlikely going by the testing lap times i've seen.

iBrood

Feb 15, 2006
Bridgestone tend to get better with softer tyres and this season is the softest rubber ever.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
bad luck schumi :(dont think he would be crowned 8th time.alonso, though very good driver, is lucky too.not even sure if ferrari can take constructors, as well

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
FIA?u mean to say FIA is taking Ferrari's side and hence lose?and probably? MS winning is very rare chance now he needs luck of lifetime.

noname

Regulars
Jul 24, 2006
Narain is firmly put on test driving...I guess hislong term plan would be to get a break to race for the team..