• Thread starter Thread starter avinds
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,988

avinds

Regulars
ISP
BSNL 900UL Plus
i know this has been said many times....

...once more

here

# Plan to show blockbusters within a few weeks of their release
# Video content service dependent on number of broadband subscribers

nah, stupid article... or at least stupid official, if it really was an "official" who said this part (and not the reporter pulling it outta his a$$):

"Of the 24 Mbps download speed that BSNL has for its broadband service, only a maximum of 2 Mbps is currently being given to Internet users. "The balance 22 Mbps is being retained as a buffer for our future requirements such as providing video content services," the official said."

Thats just stoopid.... stupid I say! I wonder how many people can even reach 24mbps with the low-quality cabling, not to mention the distance requirements of DSL tech.

I say Reliance will do better IPTV along with Microsoft ! hehe

See http://www.microsoft.com/tv/content/PressR...anceIPTVPR.mspx

but it really old (2003) hope something happens in 2006

2 Mbps is ok for medium quality movies. But 24Mbps would be great for medium-high quality movies!

not possible to achieve full 24 Mbps ...coz of bad quality cabling and everybody wont get that .....coz i m abt 6 KMs away from my Local Exchange and i can max sync to DSLAM is 2048 Kbps ....futher than tht my line wont handle ...... even my frnd who lives abt 1 Km from his local exchange max Sync abt 6540 Kbps ........I know that local Exchnage can set the Sync Rate on DSLAM .....but if they set the Higher Sync Rate ..then Line wont be Stable ...... 🙁

lets see what BSNL is going to do... But how are they going to charge for the large data transfer. Lets suppose BSNL does manage to give us 12Mbps of the 24Mbps. The data transfer for a 3 hour hindi movie would be phenomenal! Considering that there is data transfer for only 1.5hours (yeah, there is no need to continuous data transfer as the system will buffer the data) there would be approximately 8GBs of data transfer! How is BSNL going to charge us then?! 🙁

Its far better to watch the movie at a hall. It would be far cheaper compared to what we would be charged for exceeding the limit.

^^ Dont forget to get some popcorn and wake up your girlfriend too 😉Bah! i'd rather get the cd from somewhere...

Haha. 30-50 bucks! Watch it as many times as you like! and copy it too 😉