Torrents not working

• Thread starter Thread starter kuld33p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 13,356

kuld33p

ISP
Sify
I am not able to connect to any peer in torrent so NO DOWNLOAD. I am trying to download hancock where more than 9000 seeds are there but its not connecting to anything. I have checked the port as well...

Has sify blocked torrents or what ?

Is there anyone else in other locations is facing this issue. I have confirmed it with one of my friend who lives near by my house. I am from Rohini Delhi.

Yes sify blocks tracker url port 6969, bcos of this i shifted to MTNL.. go for other isp.

you can use a proxy but i would rather suggest to use vidalia bundle, i.e. tor (just google it). it works like a charm.

the problem with proxies is that sometimes the proxy server might go down & your downloading may stop in the middle of the night & the night is wasted (i'm a NU user 🙁)

I am not able to connect to any peer in torrent so NO DOWNLOAD. I am trying to download hancock where more than 9000 seeds are there but its not connecting to anything. I have checked the port as well...

Has sify blocked torrents or what ?

Is there anyone else in other locations is facing this issue. I have confirmed it with one of my friend who lives near by my house. I am from Rohini Delhi.

switch to port 55000-65000 in utorrent, enable encryption in ut and dont download from link-removed or pirate bay ever.. use pvt sites only. Ull be shocked with super speeds!!

imageshack.us torrents might be helpful to you in that case

I have'nt yet tried that thing but I have heard that the speeds are not so good. 😕

you should sue them.they cannot block this.comcast was found reducing torrent speed and they were found guilty by FCC.

I urge all sify users to write a letter to TRAI complaining about thier network management.
They cannot block anything.

here
http://customercare.sify.com/na_authority.htm

call them and tell them that what you are doing is illegal.they cannot say torrents are illegal.
they are in big trouble if anyone sues them
I gurantee that you will win.

also can any one prove that they are blocking 6969 port?

here is a case in usa of comcast
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Government/Comcast-Guilty-of-Net-Neutrality-Violations/

well comcast was found guilty of not following the code that the internet has to be free of any ISP interference...the same thing might not apply in indian circumstances.

does anyone know of any software or something that uses port 6969 & which can be used against sify 😛the problem is that the port can be changed in those software which are used for any personal use. so does someone know of a general software which uses port 6969?

well comcast was found guilty of not following the code that the internet has to be free of any ISP interference...

the same thing might not apply in indian circumstances.
are you nuts? it is saying that rape is a crime in US but not in India.
you are either ignorant or a sify employee.

either way i am writing this to TRAI about sify's illegla practise.

does anyone know of any software or something that uses port 6969 & which can be used against sify 😛

the problem is that the port can be changed in those software which are used for any personal use. so does someone know of a general software which uses port 6969?
why change,contact sify and take this to TRAI and consumer court.they have every right to be sued.

all you need is DA BALLS to do it.

why change,contact sify and take this to TRAI and consumer court.they have every right to be sued.

all you need is DA BALLS to do it.

writing to TRAI is fine but to sue them to consumer court you need time more than "DA BALLS"

umm. i am not a sify employee or ignorant. even rape laws in US and India can be different. and we are talking about broadband here. not a crime... trai has a recommendation for broadband providers. it's not even a law. and unless you can find out some sort of a specification which DEMANDS that the ISPs cannot interfere with your data transfer, you really cannot do anything about it.