24 hours to send feedback to DoT on Network Neutrality

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,607
Still do not understand why they are taking feedback. They refuse to take feedback on much bigger and serious issues.

Government take feedback from public and experts on a lot of policy decisions to the best of my knowledge. DoT does it quite frequently. For the rest of them, your MP takes decision on your behalf 😀

Of course, all of these copy paste answers would be ignored and we are likely to get a policy written by telecom operator's representatives. And then net neutrality activists would go to Supreme Court which if we are lucky could issue some basic guidelines on which the government could create a policy or whatever.

So government decides which movies we should watch and not watch which websites we should visit and not visit and they want feedback for net neutrality.

well. policies regarding those are already established right? they are just enforcing them wrong. so for that you need to go to the court. like a lot of activists do in our country. and that's why we end up getting good rulings like the recent one from supreme court which again stated that government cannot make aadhaar compulsory for anything.

censor board has their own guidelines. so if you think they are against your fundamental rights provided to you by the indian constitution, i guess you can challenge it in courts and ask for a ruling!

i now wish i had studied law... because the way things are going in this country... only two kind of people appear to be safe from the bullshit. one who knows the laws. the other one who is politically connected. :\

As discussed in another thread on the forum. I am myself being forced to go to the Haryana High Court related to a local issue. Police is not ready to get involved. Local authority refuses to implement their own policies. The only option left is to take the legal route. Hope for a quick ruling and then use that ruling to force the local authority to implement their own policies... And in the process, make tons of enemies in the neighborhood 😀

i am actually having quite fun. after the road blocking gates in my sector, i plan to target yellow/black speedbreakers that people have installed in front of their houses to get traffic to slow down so that they can take out their cars comfortably.

the best part is that if i can get a favorable ruling from the high court, it is valid across the state. so anyone living in a HUDA sector in Haryana can use the same ruling to get the gates removed if they are not according to the policies of the administration. law is awesome.

and i just remember that there was a recent ruling by the high court targeting the speed breakers in the state. especially gurgaon. i should try to locate that ruling and see if it applies already in my sector.