Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Lately my ADSL statistics show these:

Item Downstream Upstream Unit
SNR Margin 27 21 dB
Line Attenuation 46 31 dB
Data Rate 128 256 kbps

Actually i had some construction work for my home so i was offline during tht period.
but when i checked the net i noticed it has gone slow.
Why du i get such low rate now?
Is it a cable problem? How would i rectify this problem?
help needed 🙁

The data rate is set at the exchange and apparently they have synched you at 128 kbps........its their fault, contact them and get it rectified.

Noise Margin (AKA Signal to Noise Margin or Signal to Noise Ratio)Relative strength of the DSL signal to Noise ratio. The higher the number the better for this measurement. In some instances interleaving can help raise the noise margin to an acceptable level. 6dB or below is bad and will experience no synch or intermittent synch problems7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions 11dB-20dB is good with little or no synch problems* (but see note below)20dB-28dB is excellent29dB or above is outstanding* Note that there may be short term bursts of noise that may drop the margin, but due to the sampling time of the management utility in your modem, will not show up in the figures.Line AttenuationMeasure of how much the signal has degraded between the DSLAM and the modem. This is largely a function of the distance from the exchange. The lower the dB the better for this measurement.20dB and below is outstanding 20dB-30dB is excellent30dB-40dB is very good40dB-50dB is good50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issuesDSL Rate ***/tx/rx/Rate The actual service data rate that your ISP has provisioned. (with due acknowledgment of the other sources/forums that this info was gleaned from)Based on this iNfo everything seems to be in order..u need to call them and get the rate corrected and the sync rate is to be corrected from MTNL's servers not the exchange which merely connects u to DSLAM..i got this info when i had to get my sync rate corrected.

Side tracking from all that knowledge above...Fact of the matterIt's MTNL's fault. I'm paying for 256 kbps and I should get it..Only solution - keep bugging 1504. I had one guy on the phone yesterday after 2 days of no connectivity.In the end, the problem turned out to be that I had changed my login password. Of all the things ^!&@%!@& Why is there a bloody password change option on the page then ? Now no password changes ever.Anyway getting back.. I have a DSL 590 - from the 8th of Oct I have the same issue.. I have lodged complaints. someone has to get back to me yet. They have the knack of calling when I'm not at home. The guy I spoke to yesterday said, no matter how bad your wire is..you should get 220-230 if not the entire 256... half is not acceptable. The exchange would have to look into this.. So I'm expecting this to be fixed sometime next year by Cherai exch standards.On the good side, the guy I spoke to yesterday, was quite good at his job. He fixed my conn in 10 mins or so with detailed instructions.. only he spoke as if he had a cab to catch. But that's acceptable as long as my downloads come home

After this long gap I have gone to exchange office in our area(Panvel, Navi Mumbai). The officer said they don't set the data sync rate here and told me to goto Prabhadevi exchange! But I think our main head exchange office should be in Vashi or is it not?I dont know what to do? Please help.

I guess d MTNL ppl gave u d rite info. If im not wrong d Access concentrator for Triband @ Mumbai is located @ Prabhadevi. Contact 1 of d following nos. 2 get ur prob resolved: 24322300, 24229933, 24384167, 24384168, 24329434, 24384169, 24331408, 24331409. Else contact d Sub-Divisional engg. Mr.Jadhav.