State Bank of India Updates

I took this photo from a distance at the local SBI branch in my sector.

I have no idea what these guys are doing. But I see a long queue here everyday.

SBI likes to keep their customers waiting on the road? That came as a shock to me.

I have also seen such queues in my branch here in Navi Mumbai when they come up with loan melas for SMEs......must be real good deals coz even ICICI and HDFC tries to the same and they dont even have a queue inside the branch 🙂

well this happens at this branch pretty much everyday. i don't think this SBI branch is an outlet for some bill collection service. would have to find out 🙂

Ppl from clothes look like common men. Mostly seems like bill payment queue

well the same sector market has dedicated counters for power and water bills.cannot think of any other service. i would ask around and see what are these queues for. if these are for people who want to do regular banking work... this scene is pretty distasteful.

alright. i asked around and these are regular banking customers who are waiting to get some banking done. the problem is that the bank is set pretty much like a shop. there are 3-4 officials inside with no capacity for customers to sit and wait. so they are made to wait in a line OUTSIDE the premises. this is pretty sad considering it is the 2010s and this is a major market in the city of Gurgaon. the same market has 3-4 other banks and all of them are properly managed. ICICI recently opened their own branch here and there is no such nonsense there. SBI might be a giant in its field but it does not really treat its customers well. but then no bank does... 🙂

wow, now that wud be illegal i guess... RBI must be having proper guideline to provide decent banking service with proper sitting arrangments, atleast for senior citizens or handicap

a story about how bankers at sarkari banks (SBI in this case) try to make things complicated for no good reason.

“Please wait for 5 minutes,” the bumbling officers of the banker to every Indian said, and disappeared. Ten minutes later I peeped out of the door to see Messers Chawla, Dogra and Sharma standing on the stairs in deep consultation. The winter sun was falling on them. Only the peanuts were missing, to complete the picture of the incompetent, petty Delhi babu.

I asked them how come none of them knew the rules. How come they didn’t have a manual where all this is laid down, which they can show the customer? Instead, they called the lawyer again. This time he changed his original stance and said irritatedly, on speaker phone, “Only the bank can decide on this,” and hung up.

In the end, Chawla went on a long trip to the branch’s legal department and came back to triumphantly announce that he was right. I left, enraged and exhausted.

Clueless bankers still roam free — www.livemint.com — Readability

Need HelpAlright, I'm a noob when it comes to online transfers. I've never transferred before. So today I wanted to transfer and amount(say 2000) using SBI NEFT.First I had to add a beneficiary
It got accepted within 3 hours.
Then when I'd initiated the transfer request, It says that i CANNOT transfer to a new beneficiary for 5 days after their activation.WTF WTF WTF WTF
Maybe its India's system.... well f**k me

SO basically, can anyone tell me how can I transfer Rs 2000 to an ICICI account In chennai?

Try tomorrow in the morning. after 9am. New Payees added only work during working hours of bank weirdly a recent change made few months back.

Thanks. But what if it sticks to the 5 day limit? I mean isn't that against facilitating online transfers. Any other way which I can use to transfer money to an ICICI account?

yw and nope do it in morning it will be done in couple of hours tomorrow itself.