• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,649
Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh159

ISP
Airtel
Hello,I have just taken a reliance wimax connection. I am from mumbai.Now the issue:When I plug-in the lan cable in my laptop the IP is automatically detected after sometime and I can browse the reliance login page.Now if I connect my lan cable to my Linksys WRT54G router(provided by the Reliance) router, it doesn't get the automatic IP at all, it keep showing 0.0.0.0 IP in status.I tried normal configuration, MAC cloning, switching off/on PoE but all vain. I lodged a complaint at Reliance, the technician came. He came with two WRT54G router(one he has tested at his place and was working perfectly). He brought 2 cables in case one is not working. He tried the connection on two laptops, all efforts gone in vain. There is no IP.:wall:He checked with the base station also, the Reliance server was gettingthe MAC of router but it is not assigning IP to us. He checked thesignal strength also, it is 22 and -67 which is normal.I had searched on the net, many people are suffering from the same issue.I request all tech gurus please help me out !!!😢

Hi,Please somebody help !!!!!Please..

I use reliance WiMax with Netgear and it works well.Can you try this troubleshooting...1. Connect cable to your PC2. Get IP and switch cable to Router (from PC)3. Assign fixed IP to Router [IP that was assigned to PC]4. Try opening up reliance login page form PCIf above works, this is a DHCP problem for sure.If it is DHCP problem, then it can be sorted out by:1. Installing DD-WRT2. Looking ad dhcp logs and figuring out tweaking which parameter [MTU/TimeOut/....] will fix the problem.

Thanks Netfreak !!!I had tried that also by inputting the fixed IP but was unable to browse. Can you suggest any other way/method ??

Try this:1. Plug cable from WiMax router in LAN port of Linksys router2. Connect your PC to Linksys with wireless3. Disable DHCP on LinksysDo you get IP from reliance on your wireless card in this case?

Hi,Will try and then let you know the same. Thanks for all the support !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.