Home 999/699 Plan users report here

• Thread starter Thread starter WiZaRd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 6,729
I'm using a USB modem - the ZyXEL one.... just didn't have much of a preference between USB and Ethernet....

Originally posted by WiZaRd@Oct 25 2005, 07:27 PM
Hi guys, guess what ?
i have been getting a steady speed of over 50 KB/s going upto 60 KB/s for the past 3 days. No seriously i'm not kidding. I'm using a home999 plan, 256 Kbps connectivity.

I am in the same boat. Got Home999 2 weeks back, initially the speed wasn't good but since last week or so I am getting 50-55 KB/s download speed, with sometimes touching 70/80 KB/s. 😛

wow, you guys are so lucky. I feel lucky to touch 7KBps which is VERY rare on my 64Kbps connection 🙁. You get more than 10 times the speed I do 🙂

After looking at a few posts, I rang the airtel cc fellas and asked them of this. But the lady there told me that they have upgraded only those users who used to have an old plan "home 995" which is a plan with hour based tarrif. She also told me that it won't be an unlimited connection because the hours limit will still be there. But I insisted that all those fellas in the forums were on Home999 too and that their connection is 'unlimited'. But that lady says she knows the plans better than them and that you fellas might've misinformed me.What the hell? Did all of you guys with 512kbps have had the home 995 plan? And are you sure this one is unlimited? I would not want to let my 512kbps dream off so soon.

not sure bout unlimited it is only for volume based i think . then those downlaodin like heck on 512kbps line should hold on there horses and check with airtel CC guys if they are on unlimited or not 😕

It seems its a server prob. Thats the reason why every body is getting higher speeds.

SiriusB, The Home 999 plan IS unlimited. Unlimited time + Unlimited transfers.

Yes max, I know that as I am under it for a month.So, from what you all are saying, the airtel cc lady was right. This is suposed to be an incentive for the hour-based plan. It tallys with the screenshot of a letter posted by a member at thinkdigit forums.But what of the speed increase with some Home999 guys? Hopefully, airtel is testing network capacity for feasiblity of a 512kbps unlimited. Or maybe it's just a personnel error. Only some inside info can clear it.

Well i hope it's not an error from their side. I think they are testing their network capablitly in handling the bandwith. Maybe, maybe not :/ This situation is getting wierder by the day.

Speed is now back to 30KB/s since last 2-3 days. Anyone else could confirm this? 🙁

A year from now hopefully we would all be into Mbps, like the people in the west...and laugh at all the 256,512K crap that we get know. We are all being takin for a ride by these companies.

with the current situation and government. well, its simply not possible.