How much is really enough?

• Thread starter Thread starter vijay911
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,794
>>well, why all of u cling to BSNL, because it is DESI?Because Airtel is not present everywhere.If tommorrow Airtel or any other company were to bring out some wireless connection, BSNL would not have a single user left. Thats why BSNL has been battling Tata's Walky(wireless) as it is THE technology that will render their last mile advantage useless.

I was using tata indicom Walky before i switched to BSNL. The speed was 115 kbps. Quite good for a dialup. Service was also good. Unfortunately.. their credit policy is somewhat of a mystery. Moreover the bill was time-based and therefore did not qualify for broadband in that sense. Was too difficult to use for browsing. Their "per minute" rates finally broke my back. Their U/L schemes were somehow not very attractive for my requirements. I then took what was for me, the automatic choice.. this one. I can't complain for now - connectivity AND bill are good enough.

looks like you're all set oldtimer. What are you doing on this forum then?

Mr Max, Does membership in this forum mean that I OUGHT to be always dissatisfied about something or the other? AND btw is owning the Home 250 plan from bsnl a disqualification? (didnt know this forum was meant solely for bashing up bsnl) :blink:

In my opinion 1 GB is quite okay if you do not have dowloading huge files or even regular downloads. For casual surfing Home 500 should be okay.Sandeep

according to me 1 GB is enough for browsing. but it will be good if they are increasing the free hours to 10pm-8am or atleat 8hrs free

Originally posted by oldtimer@Oct 29 2005, 10:26 PM
(didnt know this forum was meant solely for bashing up bsnl)  :blink:
[snapback]29933[/snapback]
[/quote]

actually this forum was started for bashing sify... 😛
but now sify subforum is inactive :lol:

Originally posted by oldtimer@Oct 29 2005, 10:26 PM
Mr Max,
Does membership in this forum mean that I OUGHT to be always dissatisfied about something or the other?
AND btw is owning the Home 250 plan from bsnl a disqualification?

(didnt know this forum was meant solely for bashing up bsnl)  :blink:
I didn't mean it in that way. I mean, everyone of us is here for a purpose, a reason. Most of us are here because we are dissatisfied customers or we want info regarding broadband availability or we want a better definition of broadband. But if you are a satisfied customer without any issues with BSNL or any other service provider then what are you doing here? What is your purpose? We must have a purpose. Without purpose our existance is meaningless 😀 (Agent Smith, The Matrix)

Well let me stake my claim:Just before i got my connection, i had made several posts here asking for advice and information and the members were (and still are) very much supportive.. that is how i was able to decide on what i want. This has been a great place for learning, and that is what i am still doing .. I read the posts and responses, and express opinions and in the process, i hope that someday I will be able to help members here when i know enough. Mr. Max, I enjoy reading your posts too as much as everybody else's here. And thanks for the open question.I like getting to know various viewpoints. I enjoy this diversity. When i say i am satisfied, I am not prescribing anything for anybody here. And i know fully well that any member's opinon here is not binding on anybody else. I just want to share my experience so that those who are seriously looking for such info may do so.

there are actually a lot of satisfied customers ...for bsnl and mtnl both....and some people here say that people only take broadband for downloading and not normal surfing???i say why not? you rather wait for hours for a page to load then get it done with in minutes on broadband ... its faster... that`s the key here... download limits and all come later....things get done faster on broadband...and the majority of users we have in india, they really wont mind a limit of 1 gb or even 500 mb.. its way too much for many of these users...i know so many people who dont even utilize the 500 mb giving to them! ya they got limits.. but they are new.. give em time guys.. which isp came out with unlimted internet connection when it was started?? they need to get returns on thier huge investments... and only then can they thing of giving away unlimited connections..

damn!!!!, users in this forum deviate much too much from the centre of the situation. for the person that started the thread:while i've used dial-up my observation is that on an average you could consume 8-10 mb even with very poorly decorated sites. if you followed the dotted line along this way you could go for the home 250 plan. but if ya did more than that, like google talk its gonna take another couple a mb's a day. when i tried google talk, it used up roughly 5 mb for 30 minutes.keep in mind if you're paying close to 200 rps a month for additional bandwidth i suggest you go for the home 500, you'll pay 250 more but that all you'll havta settle for. with home250 you might use up more and more you pay.one more thing, squid works on linux boxes only and similar utilities wont help much for online mail and many sites that are updated frequently. they'll help if site contents dont change much over a period of time.home250 is for peeps that use the net once/twice a week for a couple of minutes. prolly to check mail, reply and get down dusted. if you can push urself to pay double that i say its well woth the home500 (1gb). that'll have you all settled for what you plan to do

Originally posted by tumtays@Oct 30 2005, 11:36 PM
but if ya did more than that, like google talk its gonna take another couple a mb's a day. when i tried google talk, it used up roughly 5 mb for 30 minutes.
[snapback]30017[/snapback]
[/quote]

I use it almost every day , sorry to dis appoint u. Google talk wouldnt take less than 25Mb if you were to use for an hour. Yahoo takes 20 Mb for an hour

1 GB is not enough for me because I download at least 50 MB per day. I would have bought the 5 GB plan but my father does not allows me. 🙁