• Thread starter Thread starter kshitij
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,470

kshitij

ISP
bsnl
Hi,
I have been trying to get this information but not able to locate it.
I have taken a BSNL broadband connection withand have a Dell laptop. I am able to connect using the Wireless connectivity. The Wi-fi range is about 100 mts.
I want to avoid these bluetooth, Wi-fi and other air signals in my house due to some reasons.
How can I connect my laptop to internet via the modem using a wire? What kind of wire do I require and what is the price?

I have a dataone WA3002G4 modem.

You cant avoid wifi /bluetooth signals in your house unless you make some signal blocking mechanism ! Even if you turn off your wireless/wifi, it is quite possible your neighbour's wireless range can reach in your house ! If you want to use cable, you have to ask for cat5 cables with rj45 connector crimped both sides ! Per meter it costs around 15-20 rs if you go for D-Link cables... If you buy a ready made piece, it costs more ! Most of the shop people will give you the length you need !!

Thanks for the reply. There is no wire in immediate 50 mts. I know I can not avoid all the accidents, just trying to wear the helmet so as to avoid any fatality.Anyways, i just need that wire right. Need to get that. Nagpur is not an advanced place so need to know the exact details while buying. One query, how does it impact the speed? Thanks again.

any guys who sell computers also will have that.. just tell them, cables connecting modem to computer ! not PC to PC !and i dont think this wireless may make your life horrible as you said ! (i am using the same wa3002g4 with wireless on my laptop 🙂

Yes, I too reckon its harmless, but sometimes rather many a times you dont take the decisions, you just implement them (a la indian corporate sector)