jus 2 doubts regarding 849NU plan

• Thread starter Thread starter harsh_j97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,516

harsh_j97

ISP
mtnl braodband
today my plan 849NU got activated.i wanted to know two things..router ADSL GLB 502T1. i switch of my router at 12.05am and then start downloading now suppose i get up and switch off the pc at 7.45am without DISCONNECT the mtnl i jus switch off the PC from the mains.then i start my pc at 10am and that time i disconnect will my MB be counted or is it ok to do it this way.Is it necessary to disconnectevery time before 8am or is there any other way ?????2. i have tried to forward port but am not able to..could anyone give me a detailed method of how to forward port.

@^1.If you are on BRIDGE mode you just have to have a shut down program to shutdown at 07.45 as requiredIf you are on PPPoE then you have to necessarily reboot the router2.Port forwrding depends on what model modem you have. Give the detailsEasily solution is to have your connection in Bridge modeAny download manager would help you coz it would autoconnect/disconnect at 12.05/07.45Also in Bridge mode Port Fwding is not required

yes, you should disconnect ur modem.shutting down pc wont help unless u r on bridge mood.

i am using adsl glb502t router..also i am in pppoe mode as checked in 192.168.1.1 when i changed to bridge the pppoe light went off and i was unable to connect to the internet...also if any tutorial on port forwarding..coz i am getting useless speed on torrents of about 20kb/s max..plz help me guys

today my plan 849NU got activated.i wanted to know two things..
router ADSL GLB 502T
1. i switch of my router at 12.05am and then start downloading now suppose i get up and switch off the pc at 7.45am without DISCONNECT the mtnl i jus switch off the PC from the mains.then i start my pc at 10am and that time i disconnect will my MB be counted or is it ok to do it this way.
Is it necessary to disconnectevery time before 8am or is there any other way ?????

2. i have tried to forward port but am not able to..could anyone give me a detailed method of how to forward port.

Well boss .... till u r using PPPoE mode.
u definitely need to shut ur router @ 7:45 am.
And don't be in a hurry to use free usage.
take some time and start router @ 12:15 am.
Mtnl watch @ there server does not exactly match IST.
they are 5-10 min forward or backward.

no idea about Bridge mode.
never tried that method.

For port forwarding use this website and select the desired router and it will give step by step information about port forwarding (which u will need if you are downloading torrents).
The website is:
Port Forwarding for the Dlink GLB-502T

Same router is even used by me too.

when i click on PORT FORWARD it gives me an command sayin ``you must enter an IP address on LA clients page for the selected group to enter this setup`` wat do i do know????????

MTNL Servers reset @ 6 in the morning everyday.... why??? don't ask me..... so technically you'll always be charged from 6 am onwards if you forget to switch off your modem at 8 am.... Though i can't comment for all..... but it used to happen atleast

plzz help me with the port forward thing...still its not happening as stated previoussly when i click on PORT FORWARD in the 192.168.1.1 window it gives a message stating ``you must enter an IP address on LA clients page for the selected group to enter this setup`` help req..urgent