• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,446

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
How are you getting the speed now. I mean what is the transfer rate is it normal or below because iam getting 16.3KPBS transfer rate

transfer rates r normal

hmm achha. i havent had any problems whatsoever ... getting consistent 28KB speeds... 😀.. well ya obviously between 12-8 am that the period that mattters right!

Guys are you experiencing low speeds this afternoon again? I had the same problem yesterday afternoon, would not go over 50kbps! But it worked fine at night! Based in Thane, Mumbai.

Surprise ....An MTNL foot soldier visited me suddenly, a couple of days ago. I am based in AndheriWest-Mumbai. He claimed that some 'software' in the router-modem had been 'upgraded' and requested to exchange my existing working router-modem. Remember ... I had not made any complaint. I carefully checked out the new modem and installed it after chatting him up a bit.He said, I should enable the firewall in the new router-modem, which I did not.I had some bad experience earlier with the inbuilt D-Link firewall and did not want to waste time again. The new modem does not show any perceptible difference. My bandwidth continues to be about 210 kbps, that is about 27 kBps. It does drop a bit mid-day but picks up again by evening. Best wishes.

I generally get a d/l speed of 22 K. Im from Lower Parel. If u still get frequent disconnections try using PPPoE in PC & bridged mode in modem. Refer 2 my post with regards 2 PPPoe & also in the post with regards 2 frequent disconnections.

haha 41.76Kbps speeds on a 256Kbps connection! MTNL sure sucks big time!!!