• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,138

frankmehta

Frank Mehta
ISP
Sify Broadband
[/B]
this is th letter i have forwarded to mtnl....since my last bill!
have a look at it and tell me what can be done to these fraudulent bast***s

MY TELEPHONE NO IS 2*******
MY CA NO IS 20********
MEHTA SANJAY RASIKLAL
ACCOUNT NO:0*********
RATE PLAN😀SL_TRIB_59NU

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE BILL I HAVE RECEIVED DATED 01/08/2005-31/08/2005 IS SHOWING ME INTERNET USAGE CHARGES WORTH RS.2637.16...WHICH IS HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE AS I HAVE THE DSL-NU PLAN WHICH CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL DATA TRANSFER(UPLOADS AND DOWNLOADS) BETWEEN THE TIME OF 0000 HOURS AND 0800 HOURS ARE NOT CHARGEABLE.
BUT THE USAGE REPORT RECIEVED FROM THE WEBSITE register.mtnl.net.in SHOWS ERRATIC USAGE FIGURES AND INCORRECT BILLING.
SOME TIME SLOTS HAVE ALSO BEEN REPEATED TWICE AND THRICE IN THE BILLING STATEMENT ALL WITH DIFFERENT MB USAGE.
WE KNOW THAT 500MB IS A SMALL FIGURE AND THUS WE SURF DURING DAYTIME MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE THAT A FIGURE LIKE 3GB OF CHARGEABLE DOWNLOADS.
ALSO OF PARTICULAR NOTE IS THE FACT THAT IN MY EARLIER BILL I HAD THE SAME USAGE PATTERN BUT I WAS NOT CHARGED A SINGLE RUPEE MORE THAN THE 5OOMB LIMIT.
EARLY ON WHEN WE HAD JUST ACTIVATED THE ACCOUNT AND I WAS CHECKING THE USAGE REPORT THE VERY 2ND DAY IT WAS SAYING 700 MB USED.
SO THERE IS SOME ERROR IN YOUR BILLING WHICH NEEDS TO BE RECTIFIED AS THIS IS A VERY MISLEADING WAY THAT MAY CAUSE A LOT OF INCONVENIENCE TO CUSTOMERS LIKE US.
OF PARTICULAR NOTE IS THE ACCOUNT USAGE STATEMENT WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY FALSELY SHOWING TIMINGS THAT THE COMPUTER WAS NOT EVEN ON DUE TO NO ONE BEING AT HOME A SINGLE DAY.
BESIDES I STRONGLY INSIST THAT MY COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN EVERYDAY AT 756 HOURS IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION AND EXCESSIVE USAGE OF ALLOTED MBS AFTER 800 HOURS BUT NOT EVEN ONCE IS THE USAGE REPORT SHOWING A TIMING OF 756 HOURS AS SHUT DOWN TIME.
DEFINITELY THE WHOLE BILLING SYSTEM FOR THE DSL-NU SCHEME IS FAULTY.
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS UP AS SUCH DISCREPANCIES ARE NOT SOMETHING THAT A COMPANY LIKE MTNL CAN AFFORD DUE TO SO MUCH COMPETITION IN THIS PARTICULAR MARKET.
WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
SANJAY MEHTA

it would be better if u post ur usage detail here frm mtnl siteif u frm mumbai then u have to wait for detailed usage page to show up as they r working on that problem ...

Well The problem with u Mr. Frank Transporter can this 1. Someone is knowing u r Telephone no and Ca Number so he/she must be using it if u didn't change u r passowrd.2.U must have been alloted diff plan check on Mtnl site Or if u do change the password as mentioned u saw 700mb u should have stopped the usage and report immediatelt to your Area Telephone Exchange.So that u r not in further Hot water.Be in touch with u r exchange regarding the solution to the problem okthat's the last advice i can give

Originally posted by hbkwarez@Oct 15 2005, 03:40 PM
Well The problem with u Mr. Frank Transporter can this

1. Someone is knowing  u r Telephone no and Ca Number
so he/she must be using it if u didn't change u r passowrd.
2.U must have been alloted diff plan check on Mtnl site

Or if u do change the password as mentioned u saw 700mb u should have stopped the usage and report immediatelt to your Area Telephone Exchange.
So that u r not in further Hot water.

Be in touch with u r exchange regarding the solution to the problem ok
that's the last advice i can give
[snapback]28712[/snapback]
[/quote]

i called the exchange.....
one of the stupid call centre execs told me its some problem with the system and that its perfectly fine to show such high fugures.....
so i dint bother....
BTW I JUST RECEIVED THE SECOND MOnTHS BILL....ITS RS 4001 FOR INTERNET USAGE CHARGES....
i dont know what im going to do now....
ROBBERS!

BESIDES I STRONGLY INSIST THAT MY COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN EVERYDAY AT 756 HOURS IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION AND EXCESSIVE USAGE OF ALLOTED MBS AFTER 800 HOURS BUT NOT EVEN ONCE IS THE USAGE REPORT SHOWING A TIMING OF 756 HOURS AS SHUT DOWN TIME.As of what i know you are supposed to restart the MODEM/ROUTER and not just computer, Right MTNL guys here? Also as Sanke1 said, If there are multiple logins at the same time then maybe someone is misusing your connection!And yes, Please do not use ALL CAPS since its considered Equivalent to shouting, Just in case you dont know!