MTNL Mumbai Email Services interruption

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 17,516
they did something for 40 hrs!

i checked webmail, but to me everything looks so same. with 40hr timeframe i was expecting some big changes!

but all looks same!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Its MTNL

My MTNL email ID has become inactive.What do i do to make it active again?I've emailed customer care but i don't have much hope in them.I want to register on a site that doesn't allow popular email adresses.

.... picture abhi baki hain!

MTNL Mumbai Newsletter June 18, 2008

Email Services Interruption
Due to technical maintainence work the email services of MTNL Mumbai are likely to be affected for two hour from 1700 hrs to 1900 hrs on 21/6/2008.

The subscribers will not be able to send or receive emails during this period.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For more Information contact MTNL Mumbai Helpdesk on 1800 228844 or email helpdesk.mumbai@mtnl.net.in

Now they are shifting to something else. God knows what.

But they WILL NOT MIGRATE e-mails!!

Your e-mails will be LOST if you do NOT back them up!

Source

Oh btw they sent above PDF link via SMS just yesterday - so you have just 2days in hand!!

And whoever uses their E-mail service would be even bigger idiot!! 😛

So I just thought lets access my account and see if there is something.

Turns out that all passwords that I could guess have failed.

Can anybody else access their MTNL mail? Here: http://mail.mtnl.net.in/

Even forgot password link is not working!

Got this today

‘Dear Valued customer,

MTNL Mumbai Email services are being migrated to a new setup wef 23-02-2016. In view of this migration, all the MTNL Mumbai Email service users having mail ids in the @mtnl.net.in domain [For example xyz@mtnl.net.in] are hereby requested to download and save all their Emails and address book data to their local PCs. For downloading Emails to local PCs , Email client software such as Outlook Express [In windows XP] or Microsoft Outlook etc can be used. The method of configuring Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express is available at the following link:

Please note that all the Emails and other data including Address book contacts should be downloaded and saved to local PCs before 23-02-2016 so as to prevent loss of data ( if any).

For any clarifications & support, MTNL Email helpdesk may please be contacted on Tel. No.24331408 / 24331409.’

I had asked them on twitter in which era they exist as they refer to ‘Outlook Express’ in that .pdf file, as expected no reply. They are prompt to reply ONLY if you praise them which is really a rarity.
BTW @amish All the MTNL notices I posted here from 2007 have been received on the MTNL email id :whew:. Thats all this id is worth😛

I had setup forwarding of MTNL email but I did not receive that email. (But I got SMS)

I do not even remember password!

Forgot password does not work either! It says "Check ur SMS" but nothing came via SMS for resetting password.

So here is what they have done.

They did not want to backup data and migrate to new system

So all they did is:
  1. Hire new server - RainMail collaboration system (not just email but notes, calendar etc.)
  2. Forget about data on old server
  3. Create all email IDs / users here
  4. Create new passwords
  5. Have forgot password link where user can put Phone number / CA number and get password on their mobile
  6. Once user fills the data - password is sent by SMS
So if someone knew ur CA and phone number they get access to new system!