MTNL Mumbai Email Services interruption

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 17,522
Yes finally got the paswd after about 20 mins but what the hell is this

Source

I have Thunderbird setup for my email (including this $#@$%# id, which I use for receiving their notifications) and after changing the password & putting it in Thunderbird it works lol 😛😀

I have setup forwarding instead of configuring POP.

It seems RainMail is also some software.. blah blah.. I ignored it completely.

Oh and I completely forgot one more thing.

There is one ID mailservice@mtnl.net.in --- this ID has access to EVERYBODY's emails!!

And NO you CAN NOT delete it.

You can find it under Email-Administration-Accounts-Double click your ID-Permissions

Here is the screenshot:

fmVslx2.jpg

Arey? It is a feature. Security feature. In case you forget your password. The mailservice@mtnl.net.in can be used to reset your password. Trust MTNL. They have your best interest in their mind. They take your privacy very seriously. No data is shared with any external party.

Got this big email doing "blah blah"!!

Dear MTNL Email User:

MTNL will be performing a Hardware maintenance on Email servers for bringing in latest generation servers and storage and taking the old servers offline. Once these changes are done, MTNL intends to introduce exciting new changes to Email infrastructure including better features, more storage, etc.

This change is to be done on 28-7-2016 evening. There will be no downtime. Users can continue to send / receive emails as before. However, if you have stored any data in the current Email server, those will not be available from 28/07/2016 evening to 29/7/2016 evening.

It is expected to be a smooth transition. Thanks for supporting us all along.This upgrade will bring better features for MTNL Email users. If you do have any queries, please contact our helpdesk on Telephone Nos –24331175/24329434/24331408 or on Email–ID mailsupport@mtnl.net.in.

Thanks & Regards,
MTNL Email Help Desk

they forgot to mention ad injection.

They shud release information on how many users (excluding their own officers) actually use MTNL e-mail id.

And if it is really worth buying expensive hardware and wasting money.