Beware Sify Users

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 14,582
Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 11 2005, 12:29 AM
we had fun later on coz he managed to hack the dealer's PC and get his daughter's net package user/pass. great speeds and no limits. i surfed using his PC as the proxy 😉
[snapback]28096[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wonder y the dealer gave his daugher such a package and what the daughter maybe doing of this package.. I can imagine :lol:

he even managed to get control of her webcam even when it was not being used by the user. so u can guess. 🙂

try to lohin in safe mode with administrator and then right click on the drives and in security tab add the users that u want to add. u'll have to search for the users on the other PC that u have in ur house. and give them full access. thats it

1) Always have two seperate lans, the sify one being isolated using a networking device, like a router in my case.2) Disable Simple File Sharing from Folder options to enable passwords

remove file and print sahring from properties tab of nic used by sify lan and keep it installed in the nic used by ur home network this way ur drives will be accessible only on ur home network . also disable $ shares if you arent using simple file sharing

if u decide to not disble fie sharing...remmber to disable the hidden Shares admin$,C$,D$...cant be seen normal way!
its the easiest way to get into different computers...
its sux because it is set evry time u REBOOT they are ENABLED AGAIN..microsux!

to permanently disable these shares goto
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_administrative_shares.htm

EDIT: i just read now some1 did mention them on this thread...Sorry about this one!

ignorant ppl dont give a dammn...i find many dialup users with port 139,445 open all the time!
(evil laugh muhhahaa)

can somebody please tell me how to get the administrator password of some pc on ur lan...... cos some stupid person had a lot of nice crap on his pc which he had purposefully shared and cvreated a text file saying hello and asking the user to write comments.........i just wrote that i wanted to shaare things with him and it was a nice thing that he was doing... (cos in my lan people are nerds and dont share one single thing) next day that person disabled all his shares... i dont know why.. maybe he wasnt expecting me..... i want to get in his comp and gt all tht crap on my pc........

if u configure windows properly then u dont have sacrifice all ur resources to ur firewall program 😛 . I used windows inbuilt ipsec policies in windows 2000 to block vulnerable ports completely and i never use ie so no prob of spyware . i dont even do windows update and still i never got a virus inside my pc . Just block ports Tcp 135-139 , udp 135-139 , dcom 1025 tcp/udp and udp 1026(messenger) and u are all set . This way ur resources arent sucked and u are well protected because ipsec is a part of os ... external firewall programs may crash sometimes but this wont . U can also block icmp completely using ipsec so no one can ping you .. Also u can block any protocol u want from secpol.msc 🙂

Originally posted by champ_rock@Jan 3 2006, 04:45 PM
can somebody please tell me how to get the administrator password of some pc on ur lan......
cos some stupid person had a lot of nice crap on his pc which he had purposefully shared and cvreated a text file saying hello and asking the user to write comments.........

i just wrote that i wanted to shaare things with him and it was a nice thing that he was doing... (cos in my lan people are nerds and dont share one single thing)

next day that person disabled all his shares... i dont know why.. maybe he wasnt expecting me..... i want to get in his comp and gt all tht crap on my pc........
[snapback]38189[/snapback]
[/quote]

ooh! a noobie! this is not a "how to hack forum"...!! respect his decision...if he doenst want to share..he doesnt...exclamation!

hihow can i make sure that my computer is safe and i am not sharinganything on lan?i am using win XP pro with zone alarm firewall.i get around 100 netbios attemptsblock alerts from my sify lan when i engage zone alarm internet lock in about 30 minsis someone trying to access my pc?what should i do?(i have disabled sharing from lan settings,disabled admin shares, and from folder options-simple file sharing)i dont see any other pc in lan workgroup?why?

better install a Linux firewall between the internet and your PC. Ofourse get someone qualified enough to configure it. If you dont want linux hassles then install some firewall like Sygate.