cannot connect to broadband from network connections

• Thread starter Thread starter wonderfool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,258

wonderfool

ISP
bsnl broadband
hello ..... i m amit.i have been having a strange kind of problem while connecting to the net.i have a bsnl broadband connection(obvious!) and a siemens c2110 modemnow the problem is : when i try to connect the broadband from network connections, it always shows error 678.now when i go to the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 and go to configuration->internet and connect the pppoe_0_35, it takes about a minute and gets connected and the connection works fine(apart from the slow speed problem which was there from the beginning)i have tried to reinstall all drivers and even formatted my windows xp sp2 but to no effect.please suggest a remedy so that i can resume connecting in the normal way..........thanks in advance

members/wonderfool/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Are you using a dialer ? in the modem have you enabled PPP/over ethernet PPPoE ( not bridged") ? and selected "Always On "
"Internet connection configuration" page. Post screen shot if possible.

i think you mean ppoe mode works fine, but not bridged mode(i.e. using dialer).. ensure that you set vpi/vci 0/35 to bridged mode.. and that you have entered the correct username and password in the dialer.. if you still have problems.. go to the command prompt(Start->Run and type cmd) and type ipconfig and post a screenshot of it hereq

sorry i m finding problems in uploading.......i can give u the info, though.ip address : 192.168.1.2subnet mask : 255.255.255.0default gateway : 192.168.1.1 the connection i m using 😛ppoe_0_35 0/35 UBR PPPoE (LLC/SNAP)

/members/wonderfool/Since you can access the modem pages , in WAN page UserId enter without @ bsnl.inand try. Did you enable "alwayson "

@essbebe i think wonderfool is able to access internet properly in ppoe mode, but he wants to setup bridged mode..@wonderfool in the WAN page.. SET vpi/vci 0/35 to Bridged instead of PPoE and then try using the dialer

you can not change connection type of connection in Nokia SIEMENS c2110 with default settings which are configured for pppoe mode.to use bridge mode you have to delete the existing pppoe_0_35 0/35 UBR PPPoE (LLC/SNAP) connection & then start from scratch & set the connection type as bridge mode.

Problem:
so that i can resume connecting in the normal way.
"without opening modem everytime to connect." error 678.
/members/wonderfool/
http://i28.tinypic.com/zlq0cx.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/b7mjo4.jpg
If you had selected "Bridged" you should be using a wanminiport dialer.
If you have selected PPP/over ethernet(PPPoE)
enter userId without @ bsnl.in and password."always On"
Save and Reboot.
Confirm the screen shots are identical for your modem/router.

Post No 7 by @members/whitestar_999/ also pertinent/relevant. .

thanks a lot for ur response..........
i tried everything u all said but to no effect............
getting the connection through bridged mode is not possible..........
also, all of u r telling to enter username without '@bsnl.in'
well, i have never entered it anywhere.......and just to remind....my connection was working fine earlier- somthing just happened someday without getting noticed by me...............
i ll keep trying...
thank u all once again

also, all of u r telling to enter username without '@bsnl.in'
well, i have never entered it anywhere.
You are not using s Wanminiport dialer.But you open the modem 0_35 and connect.
See this.http://i32.tinypic.com/b7mjo4.jpg
Open your modem similar page click next
post the screenshot.

By the way if you are using IE check connections. "Never Dial a connection "

i have checked 'never dial a connection' already........but to no effect
my connection is as u have said......the connection is the same :
Disconnect 0/35UBRPPPoE
LLC/SNAP
On
if i try the bridge mode its not working.........its only this set of settings thats working in this manner..........i have tried reformatting and reinstalling a numberb of times.......and worst of all, the service providers say that its not their problem and there's some problem in my own comp........

i m using a wan miniport pppoe dialer........
"never dial a connection" in ie is also checked.......
still nothing is working.......and the most strange thing is that earlier the same settings worked fine.........