• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,127
Originally posted by muttster`@Oct 11 2005, 06:32 PM
i have my own router..how r they gonna know my usage? 🙄  🤔
[snapback]28239[/snapback]
[/quote]

If they have been smart enough, they might have a database of MAC addresses and usernames.........

i think they r just bluffing dat usage be counted seperately..they cant even manage their servers properly..I dont expect them to dig thru database..find out mac ids..tie them to usernames and then bill.but thats just my opinion 🙂

Guys.. hav u gone thru the main account page ... read the bottom line..

" Pl. note that above usage does not include your use from 01.10.2005 to 07.10.2005 .
Usage for this period is accounted separately.
For billing related complaints pl. email billing.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in"

Does this mean dat MTNL was keeping a watch over us.. while we wre freeriding on t info highway?

Hey every1,Though all N/W devices have a mac address, mtnl does ur billing using ur username i.e. & ur password, which is preconfigured in ur router. I guess there is no other way they can track ur usage. 🙂

Got the bill today and the bill was for just 590 (+80 for Router).So finally the downloads were not counted. Thanks MTNL for Latest version of couple of Distros. Free MBs remaining for this month is 853.89, thinking of what to download this month 🙂

queries:1. can we know how much data we have downloaded in realtime. i.e. w/o switching the modem off and then again on.???2. data downloaded was not shown in used MB(nor in session history). also not billed for it as never record 🙂 !but how to know if gettin free download or not w/o switching off the modem!