Idians expectations about cars

• Thread starter Thread starter celyne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,667

celyne

Hi, my name is CélineI'm a french student in my last year of study and I'm making a thesis on the indian car market. So, I really need some help and If you are agree, I would like to ask you some questions about you're expectations of a car:1) What are you expected from a car in terms of performance, design, color,... ?2) What a car represent for you?3)What are the most selling car in India ?4)What do you think about french car ?5)on what do you think car manufacturer have to communicate to touch the consummer?If you have further comments don't hesitate to write them.A great thank in advance for your help.Céline

1) What are you expected from a car in terms of performance, design, colour,... ?Economy, economy, economy. Value for money is our first concern. performance actually is rated below most other concerns. we are not too picky about the design but it shouldn't be butt ugly. As for the colour the following are very popular red, white and yellow in non metallic and silver and gold for metallic paint. Black has a somewhat negative response and not many cars in India are black.2) What a car represent for you?The new Maruti Suzuki Swift represents me the most. It is young and peppy (like most of India). It is a big small car.3)What are the most selling car in India ?The Maruti Suzuki Alto is the highest selling car in India and its biggest competitor is the Hyundai Santro. The alto wins out over the santro even though the santro has more power, is better looking and is spacious then the alto. the main reason is because the alto offers great mielage and has the maruti (a legendary brandname in india now) tag.4)What do you think about french car ?Although they look good and are great. They lose out because of minor details. while trying to take care of minor details in terms of quality they lose out on the big picture5)on what do you think car manufacturer have to communicate to touch the consumer?Family. in India family is big. In Fact a study has shown that 70% of all major buying decision which includes car were influenced by the Children of the family. Buying a car is not just the responsibility of a parent but it is a collective decision making process and hence targeting a family together is very important.On a side note. Try studying up on Fiat in india and its failure.PS: if you like to have some future correspondence with me then just PM me your email id or you chat id. i use MSN, Google talk and yahoo. I had done some projects for my college course about some car manufacturers.

1) What are you expected from a car in terms of performance, design, color,... ?Its always petrol economy here. One has to pay Rs.50 per litre, so this is a big issue.The interiors should be elegant and bright. Dull interiors do not attract customers, cheap looking plastics are not acceptable. All bright colors sell. The car should seat the family since family outings are most important. 2) What a car represent for you?For most people in India, it is a transport utility item. Some even use it to transport their goods and materials routinely. For the A-category people (that is rich and super rich), the car is a status symbol. So then the brand, model all matter. For the B-category crowd, it is the size of car that is important. Again the family must get to sit and travel in it. 3)What are the most selling car in India ? Maruti Brand sells almost 50% of the one million cars sold in India every year. The A-segment (that is the small cars) like Maruti800, Alto, sell most. The next is the Hyundai Brand in line of sales. It has Santro varients which sells well. 4)What do you think about french car ?Not seen on the roads in most cities. Hardly any porches, peogets, etc. 5)on what do you think car manufacturer have to communicate to touch the consummer?Focus on family and safety aspect of the car. So far, the brand managers have tried to focus on hype and now they should be getting down to family, safety features and economy (in running and maintainance). Best wishes.

i think she's already submitted her thesis 😛 :lol: