guys tell about sundirect experience,positive &negative aspects,overall rating & feedback.......

arun_ajith2007

Regulars
ISP
airtel
positive:
1.very cheap dth when compare with other dth operator & also oncoming dth operator
2.video clarity & sound also good

negative:
1.very slow in adding pay channels,website,interactive services etc

overall rating:**** BEST

1.they must add pay channels as soon as possible(MAX 4 mnths)
2.they must launch in north india

guys tell ur feedback & experience

I too have all the negative and positive feed back said by you. Also i want to include one more negative feed back. By looking all the activities of sun direct i feel that they are not competing with other dth providers. It seems that they are competing with only cable operators. As the cable charges minimum Rs. 100, they gave for Rs. 75. And they want all the cable viewers to shift here. But they are not looking at other dth providers what they are doing. They are only thinking that for cable why all are spending 100 so get sun direct for only 75. They never mind how many pay channels other dth provides have and how they are fast in adding those. They should come out and compete with other dth providers. I wish they should do that soon.

Postives:Clarity is good better than other DTHCost is lessWe able to get channels which are missing in other DTH servicesNegativesThey need to add few more regional channelsThey need to add few sports channels and allow us to pick them individually

hai guys we all know about SUN Network is first in Technology. they are the first in introducing the latest MPEG 4 technology in india. but till now there is no interactive service no proper website and CC.

i can only tell that the experience with sun direct has been pathetic for the last few weeks.... When we call their customer support (I dont know whether it is their own or it is outsourced to some third rate party), we get the same standard words played back at us : Your problem will be resolved at the earliest .... Different people come online when we call the support and give the same line as the answer. We have been having issues in the lasst 1 month for not getting the entire Sun tv, Vijay tv etc. in our installation and till date even though we call them up everyday to register the complaint, NO ONE has come in and resolved it till date for the last 1 month.I heard from another source that this is primarily because that they are not paying the distributors and support people when they come and fix the problem to such an extent that they are loosing out the distributors and support people at a rapid rate. Maybe Mr. Maran is busy taking out all his money out from Sun Direct and divert it into his new investment - Spicejet airlines....The experience was very pleasant and positive till 3 months back for a duration of around 1 year but the last 3 months, I would rate it at around 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest)A strong NO to go with SUN Direct but if you still want to go with it, do not say that nobody warned you in this forum.....

I heard from another source that this is primarily because that they are not paying the distributors and support people when they come and fix the problem to such an extent that they are loosing out the distributors and support people at a rapid rate..

My friend who is a distributor says that intially distributors started cheating SD by telling they moved xx number of dishes and asking for payment without actually doing the work. Random check caught them. Now it has been outsourced to HCL atleast in TN. These cheaters now telling SD didnt pay! Both(SD at times and dealers at other times) are cheaters.

Having been a sun direct customer for nearly 18 months, this is what I have observed about this service. No exaggerations or hypocrisy. Just plain facts. Its upto the people to decide whether they want to buy this service or not😛ositives: good picture quality on most channels. more better channels expected[apart from colors, cnn ibn, mtv, vh1, disney and disney xd[in north basic pack], cnbctv18..that we have right now] in base pack because of sun network's distribution deal with network 18- "sun-18"[previously all utv channels, WB, bbc world, ET now in basic pack] till the insat 4b blackout[then, all hell broke loose which will be given in negatives]. Network 18 is expected to launch colors movie channel sometime, as well as some international channels from viacom network[the world's fourth-largest media conglomerate] in the base pack, courtesy the sun18 bouquet that has 33 channels at present.negatives: Regional channels not complete in basic pack..For eg. Zee Telugu as an alacarte even for Telugu pack subscribers.need to pay Rs 10 extra.not acceptable at all. the most irritant issue for Telugu customers.Customer service not reliable. As per reports from all across the web, SD doesnt have good customer reviews at all. even word of mouth is terrible especially after the INSAT 4B blackout that broke the people's confidence...Sports channels too costly.Number of channels decreased off late [Which never happened in any other DTH service till now!]. Exciting channels like utv movies, utv action, and the rapidly improving bloomberg utv [which were available while sun direct was streamed from Insat 4b] are now missing[atleast as of 21 dec 2010]. This takes away the edge that the service used to have over others.No interactive or usefull services[like multiple channels in one view, or active services which all other DTH services have].No proper direct communication method[like mailing info about account or any special offers directly to the STB's mailbox]. Even if it is there in some STB models, info is not proper.

sundirect really is a worst service when is comes to customer service. they made a satellite change and broadcast a message as to contact them as they will send an engineer for disc reallignmentbut iam contqctiong them from 2 months, every time they create a call request number and mention as will be contaxcted in 3 days, but no one reallybothers to come. i paid 2 months of charity money for sun direct......still my issue is not sorted, if any one thinks that its cheap, yes you are right, but if u have issues with service, remeber the initial amount you pay is wasted, they willl not help....service really is freeaky... better to throw the dish in in a ditch

Negative Feedback

Only SUN Family Channels ...

So many Tamil channels are removed now a days

Yes that is very irritating. All other dths except Tata Sky have good amount of Tamil channels.They need to add more Tamil channels.

All they ever do is -Collect money from consumer and ignore him after payment. My family has been facing alot of problems with Sun Direct DTH especially my grandparents. Please don't take up SunDirect. It's for your own good 😀 otherwise face the consequences.

hello,from the day launch sun dth in tamil nadu i m using, first yr free,after that i am recharge 3 months once,,, Now reallignment, all done by by distributor in madurai,,kumar"s,,i never face any problem, my kids and family very happy about sun dth, for me i buy reliance,,,the day one starts problem after three months i am not using,,, :imwink::imwink::imwink::imwink: