MTNL broadband subscribers can soon use the facility of Aksh’s IPTV and Video Phone Calling services

• Thread starter Thread starter icar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 10,075
ISP
VPN
MTNL and Aksh Optifibre have launched IPTV- Aksh-Tel and Video Phone Calling Services- V Spyk in Mumbai. All Mumbai based MTNL broadband subscribers can soon use the facility of Aksh’s IPTV and Video Phone Calling services.
Aksh-Tel, Aksh Optifibre’s Interactive Personalized Television (IPTV) delivers television programming with high quality of reception and add on features like time-shift television, video on demand etc. V Spyk is a real time Video Phone Calling service between two users, enabling real time communication at a personalized level.
According to K.S. Choudhari, MD, Aksh Optifibre, landline voice traffic is taken over by mobile therefore there was a search of value added services, hence Video Phone Calling and IPTV services came into existence.
He added, “The cost for all the four services that includes VoIP, video, IPTV and landline is Rs 4,999 per month with no additional rental charges which other providers have. We would be adding new features like the video yellow page that will answers the queries for example, will provide the contact details of a plumber, restaurants etc. We would also look at interactive education.”
Choudhari believed that there is huge gap between DTH and IPTV, DTH is already used by millions of people and IPTV is growing as it is more interactive.
Aksh Optifibre is expecting around 50,000 customers in nine months from Delhi and Mumbai; presently it has 3,500 customers in Delhi.
R.S.P Sinha, Chairman and MD, MTNL revealed that consumers expect services that are both innovative and affordable from MTNL. He said, “With the endless possibilities available with IPTV, and Video Phone Calling services, the expectations will be fulfilled. MTNL has tied up with Aksh for the achievement of such targets and objectives for providing the best services for optimum consumer satisfaction.”
“MNTL Mumbai has more than three lakh Broadband customers and we are expecting more than 10,000 customers to use IPTV within nine months in Mumbai,” said J.Gopalan, Executive Director MTNL Mumbai.
Aksh Optifibre would also like to provide these services to the BSNL customers and is planning to launch a HD in Delhi and if successful will look at Mumbai. MTNL is planning to launch Live Mobile TV that will have 12 channels and GPRS network.

MTNL brings IPTV to Mumbai - Express Computer

This service is launched today. There is whole front page ad in HT delhi. They name this service icontrol (.: icontrol :.) and tagline is "TV is your servant".

The most important think is pricing. They are offereing host of feature with monthly subscription of Rs. 199/- only.

Below are pricing details :

Monthly subscription : Rs. 199/- (Rs. 50 for MTNL for and Rs. 149 to Aksh optifibre).
Settop box : free (against Rs. 999/- refundable deposit)

Other main feature :

- No pre critaria of having telephone, broadbond connection

- 122 channel including Sony, Star, Neo sports, Zee etc. click here to view all 122 channel list : http://mtnldelhi.in/services/channel_iptv.xls

- More than 200 movies with rewind, fast forward and pause option.

- Time shift TV which allows you to watch your favourite program as and when you want.

- Repaly live TV channels : no fight with your wife in bedroom what to watch crichet or saas bahu.

For booking you need to call at 26990000, 22221500, 26991500 in Delhi or log in to OpenDNS

Best regards,
Ranjeet, Delhi

In Mumbai its 100Rs a month but no Zee channels as of now. Website doesnt mention list of channels so I suppose ESS channels are not there as well right now.But the article above states some 4999Rs a month, what is that all abt?!

There is nothing like Rs. 4999/-. That was old report.
In Mumbai this is available for Rs. 100/- but only for MTNL broadband subscriber. However this restriction is not in Delhi.

Updated channel list is updated on http://mtnldelhi.in/services/channel_iptv.xls

MTNL in Delhi also launched RWA scheme where RWA need to take minimum 10 connection. In this scheme consumer need to pay only Rs. 300 and refundable deposit of Rs. 999/- and next 12 month subscription is free.

Only loopwhole I am seeing is non availability of multi room in IPTV. In this technology each TV set needs seperate connection and not like DTH where only set top box needed and not seperate dish and LNB. But good in this monsoon season where DTH services got blank in thick cloud.

Also MTNL is in picture so I really do not expect very good customer service. What happen when telephone line get dead. MTNL guys normally take 2-3 day to repair that. You have to rely shift TV facility for 2-3 days.

Best regards,
Ranjeet

I am searching for Mumbai channel list (100 channels offered)Plus I dont think separate connection is needed for each room. Its IPTV, it can simply give separate IP to separate STB.(except that DSL speed wud need to be doubled)

Bothe IPTV and DTH technology is different. In DTH they broadcast signal but in IPTV there is nothing call signal broadcasting. IPTV use data bandwith and using multiple set top box use addtional bandwith, thats why seperate connection required with IPTV.

In FAQ section of icontrol site it is mentioned that seperate connection required. Check this on OpenDNS

I checked the channel list. It seems ok, but Star Sports and ESPN are not there. Any idea if MTNL is planning to add these two channels?

shud come soon now but package rates wud increase atleast by some 40-50rs

well, may be because they dont have to pay transponder fees, and no cableing is reqed as well. and pay channels are just minimum

Finally channel list is given:
Excel file: http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/iptv/channellist_aksh.xls

Found on MTNL IPTV Service On Broadband, Powered by IOL & Aksh

As presumed star sports and espn is not there but other channels are there. Package sounds too good for just 100Rs

Dude, channels having CHANNEL NAME in black are included in the package(100 Rs= appx 100 free channels)
CHANE KE BHAV MEIN CHANA WALI KO KYON MAANG RAHE HON?:rofl:

For channels shown in red, one has to pay 5 Rs/channel.

For hyperactive people like u and me who take charge of remote & always keep on changing channels will not be satisfied by rate 5 Rs/channel.

Its for my mummy who is stuck to ZEE MARATHI and nothing else:wall:

But 5 Rs/ channel still its cheap beacuse during IPL days, dishtv charged me 120 bucks/month just to watch 'SET MAX' channel,😢