Broadband Speed reduced to 256 Kbps after IPTV installation.

• Thread starter Thread starter nicesachin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,547

nicesachin

ISP
Reliance Wimax.
Mates
I got this IPTV installed at my home last weekend and soon after that my Broadband speed has been reduced from "Upto 2Mbps" to 256 Kbps, even if i am not using IPTV at that particullar time. I have been struggling alot to get this speed increased however with no gain. I called up 1504 and raised a number of tickets, even sent an email to bbspeed@bol.net.in & gmbb@bol.net.in. Nothing has been done sofar.

Please suggest.

Its now officially declared on their website that it wud be reduced to 256k.
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.. Delhi

Subject to technical feasibility, IPTV is being offered only to the broadband subscribers of MTNL Delhi at present. For those opting for IPTV, broadband speed (both download & upload) will be restricted to 256Kbps only.

But i think its stupid. Or they shud not charge for triband at all.

Thats Ridiculous. I never wanted to reduce my Broadband speed. They never informed me about this earlier. Can i get this disconnected without them putting the registeration charge of 500 on me ?

welcome to delhi iptv.i too faced the similar prob and they seem to be in no mood of increasing the spee:wall:d

suggestion - abhi 6 months free ki ash kar... phir katwa liyo.... in no way ur gettin 500 back...