Broadband through Household Electricity Sockets

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,466
Yeah I think this was talked about on the forums, Under the name: "Broadband through electricity Cables" or something, like that! But thats definitely gonna take time to come to India! Coz if we continue to have as many power outages as now, the Broadband connections will have horrible downtimes!

its called BPL..broadband through power lines..not popular amongst hams..creates interference n stuff....IIRC google invested some money into it recently..

wonder if the business of 'power fluctuations' will then result in BB fluctuations.. 😉

Oh btw this article has nothing whatsoever to do with BPL (broadband over powerlines). Since there is no transformer in between the 2 connections (that's how i understnad it anyway).This is to do with using your home's eletrical wiring ot make a LAN inside your house instead of wired ethernet. SO you don't have to run an extra ethernet cable into every room, just buy one of those gizmos for each machine, hook it/them up to the power outlet to connect with the other machine/modem that is also hooked up to ur ISP + power outlet. From what i hear it works lot better than Wi-fi, when it comes to streaming media (mp3s + movies).

if you have a lot of gadgets which use radio tech then stay far away from internet from powerlines. the data signal in the power lines creates a lot of flux and makes a lot of interference. your cell phones will see a lot of disturbance, blue tooth devices will see problems, wifi networks will face problems, normal radio wont receive or will get a lot of noise and the list goes on and on.

What a new concept!Sometimes extra voltage comes through Power Lines!Then we will get more downloading speed! :rofl:

It is not new. It has been undergoing testing for years and plenty of people including myself are already using the internal electrical wiring within the home as part of the local network with internet access.
it is "new" for you

See Post NO 1 in this thread.
@vebk post is dated October 1st 2005 !

See Post NO 1 in this thread.
@vebk post is dated October 1st 2005 !

:isorry:

Embarrassed. I see the post date now...