• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 11,768

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Good news for me, at least for now. I got hathway unlimited, at 128kbps. Not nearly as good as 256 but still, hecka better than sify. So far, the speeds are crossing 120kbps which is usual. Now I just one question for you hathway folks, when you login, by default it opens up the main hathway page. Which I want to disable. How do you disable that. Thanks in advance.EDITED TO ADD: When you login using that login ID, it also has a 12 hour timer and after that it automatically logs you off. Kind of sucks. Anyway we can disable that timer as well.Ryan

Wat??? So aren't you connected thru a cable modem? I m connected thru a Motorols SB5100 cable modem and Theres bo logging in! Its an always on connection! Whenever the modem switches on, I'm online! No dialers, software, etc! theres not even a driver installed on my comp with respect to this!

No. No cable modem, some other plan of hathway called Flexi Surf. They have a login procedure. I guess other people will have to be with this plan in delhi to be more sure.

hathway has been changing the technology always...in the beginning, around 5 yrs back, we had the cable modem and now the router...and now u guys are saying they've started the log in procedure (like Sify)...wonder if they're chaging for better or worse 😛

Only the flexi surf plan is that way i think! Here its a cable modem! switch On n go!

I don't know if hathway will provide the cable modem directly. Yes I'm talking about CyberRoam guys. Login procedure. Hey I have one question. Recently, I was doing some downloads and it was reaching top speed but now, when I try to download it goes slower. I'm talking about BT. Do they block that port? I'm strictly saying this because few days back it was in green, now it seems to have a NAT firewall behind it. They want me to email them telling me the reason why I want that port open. What do you guys think?

Cyberoam client is known for blocking P2p stuff thats why its imployed by most crappy service providers

Dont know about Cyberroam but there are blocked ports on Hathway! Ryan , I've sent you a pm! 😉

Is there any alternate software other than cyberroam, if so, can you guys pm it to me or something. Sucks I know, logs me off after quite a while.

There is some software known as slyberoam! it is an alternetive but i believe it worked only on older version of cyberoam! But still u may try it! pls google for it!

I tried using that slyberoam software. It is outdated and does not work. If someone can just somehow encode a dos client to work for cyber roam without all its crap, I would really be appreciative of it. Just like how there's a DOS client for sify.

Hathway said, according to them, since I don't use a public ip I cannot do any port forwarding. Weird huh. They said, on my ip, if one port gets forwared, the same would apply for everyone else. That's why they block all ports. So freaking strange.

hmmm.. getting without a cable modem sucks! I think the whole method getting internet access that way sucks!