Broadband Applications

• Thread starter Thread starter nomercy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,971
Like what? Any examples you can post?For me the best broadband "application" has turned out to be Linux (and Free software) downloads 😛Only after I got BSNL's 256 kbps back in early 2005 was I able to download all the latest distributions and keep them regularly updated and also install all the software I needed to play around...Like for example, this weekend I downloaded the openSUSE 11 Beta 2 CD ISO which would not have been possible without broadband. On top of that, since I recently upgraded from 256 to 512 kbps, I am able to even download the DVD version within a day.On Windows I have lots of free software also, like OpenOffice, GIMP, AVG AntiVirus, a bunch of game demos, Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express edition, cygwin system etc.I've even downloaded a lot of free/legal MP3s and things like auto car TV serials from finalgear.com (Top Gear and Fifth Gear serials)...Just browse around this section for download examples...Or by "broadband apps" did you mean torrent apps like utorrent? 🙂For some, shall we say, more options, check out link-removed.com and search there 😛

Like what? Any examples you can post?

For me the best broadband "application" has turned out to be Linux (and Free software) downloads 😛

Only after I got BSNL's 256 kbps back in early 2005 was I able to download all the latest distributions and keep them regularly updated and also install all the software I needed to play around...

Like for example, this weekend I downloaded the openSUSE 11 Beta 2 CD ISO which would not have been possible without broadband. On top of that, since I recently upgraded from 256 to 512 kbps, I am able to even download the DVD version within a day.

On Windows I have lots of free software also, like OpenOffice, GIMP, AVG AntiVirus, a bunch of game demos, Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express edition, cygwin system etc.

I've even downloaded a lot of free/legal MP3s and things like auto car TV serials from finalgear.com (Top Gear and Fifth Gear serials)...

Just browse around this section for download examples...

Or by "broadband apps" did you mean torrent apps like utorrent? 🙂

For some, shall we say, more options, check out link-removed.com and search there 😛

Thnx for the reply.:thumbsup: Check User CP 🙂