2100 -0900 unltd from JAN1 mostly

• Thread starter Thread starter pmontu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 12,505
yeah me with high hopes still . well no one advertised abt 6hrs unlrd period b4 it was implemented, i knew it only on that DAY n moreover newz came out popularly only after a month ,well even airetel i heard ppl sayin my speed got doubled without even knowin airtel upgraded .well its always true ppl workin in bsnl will sure be having more hints than us which has lead to this waiting for JAN1 but ppl don loose hope there is only 1% chance that we don have 12hrsunltd but well ifatol its not jan1 its sure b4 march31 so well after 2 months max , we can download = to other nomal isp plans ,so sure bsnl will rule after 2 months B)well now lets talk abt wat all we can do if it starts frm every day 9 *for those who don shedule can now start OFF +ly *those using torrents, one streach is sure a boon *damm i dont even have a nessesity to use my limit cos my main usage is >9 so who cares abt my limit, i can concider it as excessGREAT TIME AHEAD BOYZ 😛

pmontu, as requseted earlier kindly do not use this kinda iritating short cuts

no no, not Jan 26th, dont forget Jan 1st (new year!) hehe

>> Better put, I dont want to pay more than 500 per month for an internet connection!To me it is 500+250 because I don't want the phone and the compulsory 250 every month as rental. In the last 6 months nobody in my house has made even 1 call or received 1 call on this line, but I'm paying "rental" for it.Airtel gives the phone line free, incoming calls are free and outgoing at standard rates.If BSNL were to remove this maybe then it would be a more competitive plan.

Thor......... u get an option of not paying the Rs 250 for telephonary purpose.Just go surrender it ,u r broadband lin will still be there, but then you won't be calling or reciving any calls.

Will go to BSNL CC tomorrow and see if it's possible. Doesn't matter re the calls, everything is done on mobiles and I removed the instrument from the line anyway.

BSNL CC has confirmed that there is NO option of Dataone without landline.Anyway, I'll have to tolerate the inconvenience for another month only.

Thor you can ditch it if you dont really receive/make any calls on your landline. It's really not worth it. But if you want to stick to it, then there's a plan which allows only incoming. Thats about Rs. 90 per month or something like that. Check with BSNL.For rest of you who are paying 250 as rental only, go to BSNL office and give them an application that you want to change plan to 249 or 499. In 249 plan, they give you 200+ calls free every month! I wonder why BSNL doesnt make it default plan when people are already paying 250 just as the rental every month.Landline at my home is in plan 499 in which they charge Rs. 499 per month(including rental) and I also get 460-470 calls free every month.

>>Thor you can ditch it if you dont really receive/make any calls on your landline. It's really not worth itYes, I know its not worth it. I asked BSNL about this 3 months ago and got the same reply that Dataone can ONLY be given WITH the phone.>>But if you want to stick to it, then there's a plan which allows only incoming. Thats about Rs. 90 per month or something like that. Check with BSNL.No such plan exists. In TN/Madras ONLY there is a Sulabh plan for 160. Found out the whole story today.>>Landline at my home is in plan 499 in which they charge Rs. 499 per month(including rental) and I also get 460-470 calls free every month.People call me only on my mobile and when I call from my mobile I am 100% sure the call will be picked up, which is not the case from the landline.It is understandable that they want to promote landlines which are steadily dying, but forcing it is the wrong way to go about it.Anyway it's just for another month, so no diff.

Originally posted by max@Dec 28 2005, 10:08 PM
Wow...we MTNL guys get only 60 free calls! 🙁
[snapback]37477[/snapback]
[/quote]

The default plan in BSNL also gives 50 (or may be 100?) free calls per month for 250 rental. But there's a plan and you have to give an application to opt for it and you start getting 200+ calls free. Get in touch with MTNL and ask them if there's any plan of that sort.

Even I was surprised to know this because earlier I was getting 50 calls free every month. You just need to give an application, thats it. The rental remains same.

there are plans where you get more free calls but it goes without saying, the rental is very steep for them.

Guys may be that rumour will come true within a few months.cos BSNL is upgrading the number of Dataone servers .And remember the contention ratio which is very much associated with the ADSL terminology.More the servers ,less is the contention ratio.presently their contention ratio says that one 256 K line is used by 50 other users in the same area.As the contention ratio decreases to 1:25 they can give the download limit doubled for all the plans.Obviously they surely can give night unlimited from 9 pm - 9 am . 🙂

contention ratio has nothing to do with the number of servers they have....

Originally posted by max@Dec 30 2005, 04:41 PM
contention ratio has nothing to do with the number of servers they have....
[snapback]37723[/snapback]
[/quote]

max , the number of servers matters. cos there is a limit that the number of users a server can handle.so increase in servers increase the amount of users.this increase will decrease the contention ratio from 50:1 to x:1 ,meanin that bandwidth per user gets increased.

so they can either double the bandwidth or provide night unlimited, as they wish.

This contention ratio can be increased in 2 ways.

1) Increasing the DSLAMs .
2)Increase servers that r connected with the DSLAMs.