• Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,613

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Please note : If you have an antivirus software other than SecureSynergy, kindly uninstall the same before installing the Sify Broadband client.[/b]

Stupid Stupid Stupid… First, they are forcing me to install their software which I am not sure is Spyware free. I do not know whether it tracks my key-logs. I do not even know what things it does to my system. Then they tell me to uninstall my current antivirus system before I can install their broadband client! What the hell… How do I know it does not contain any virus in it? And why should I install SecureSynergy? I do not trust it. What if it is not successful in saving my computer from viruses? Will Sify be responsible for that?

Heartbeat feature : Senses if the connection is lost and automatically logs you out[/b]

This is the worst part. I do not want the client to decide when the connection is lost. It is broadband for god sake. If I am not on a time bound connection and I leave my computer on to keep receiving mails as soon as they come what should I do? The client would think I am not using the computer and log me out. Will I get a NEVER LOG ME OUT option? I do not know. Because I cannot install the software on the system. The installation failed perhaps because I did not uninstall the antivirus on my system which incidentally is not SecureSynergy.

Auto install of free anti virus software[/b]

What the hell again. Why would I want a crappy login client to install another software that has nothing to do with my internet connectivity. How can Sify dictate what software I can run on my system? And how can they dictate what Antivirus is good for my system? What next? They will tell me not to use Opera Browser and instead switch to Internet Explorer? Or they would perhaps tell me not to use Yahoo! Messenger because they partnered with MSN to launch Sify Messenger?

Maybe they just want to prove that they cannot digest a happy customer. And they have to do something that makes me howl about them… All the time…

If you are a Sify Broadband customer and think they are wrong to make us forcibly use the software of their choice, please protest by mailing to:
ankush_batra@sifycorp.com
customercare@sify.com
customercare@satyam.net.in
M_Suchint@sifycorp.com
charu_v@sifycorp.com
kashiana_c@sifycorp.com
kayzad_hiramanek@sifycorp.com
manas_das@sifycorp.com
Suchitra_Immanuel@sifycorp.com
vipin_vaidyanathan@sifycorp.com

Sify proves it is stupid and insensitive to customers

First they make it mandatory to install the broadband client and on top of it they want us to install an "outdated version" of antivirus which simply refuses to get updated. After trying for an hour or so(on Sify BroadBand its never less than an hour) all you get is some silly "Unspecified Error". 😱

I have seen that numerous other people are also having the same problem. http://nuranto.blogspot.com/2004/08/histor...panies-bad.html.

But you got no other choice but to install watever they say. I have started wondering is Sify being run by BillGates these dayz.. :angry:

I am not going to uninstall my antivirus. I had rather get another ISP.

I just had a long talk with the Chandigarh Customer Repersentative and he confirmed that their is no compulsion of installing SecureSynergy. User just has to call the callcenter and tell thim to remove this option from the backend.

Just that they need to make it more clear on the login page... Because it is totally misleading...

But I still need a NO LOG OUT option in the software options...

🙁 I can't reach the customer care. They ask me to press 2 if I'm a broadband subscriber, and when I press 2 I get an invalid menu option and the phone goes blank!

there is another way. just get any customer person on the phone, even if it means getting a diapup departmetn, they will transfer you to the correct department automatically.

Thanks for the reply but I already found another workaround.I was dialing 1600 33 333 0So when she (automated voice) asks you to dial star and zero, simply dial star (if you dial star and zero you'll get an invalid menu option.)After that when she says press two, then press two immediately and you will get through, if you wait for her to say press three and stuff and then you press two you'll get an invalid menu option! Unlike other customer services where she begins reading the menu options from start after you presss an invalid button, here on sify the phone simply goes blank and you have to call again. Very irritating!Yeah, so I got through and they disabled anti virus stuff, and then I asked them to disable auto-logoff also, but they told me it's a default option and can't be changed! I asked again but got the same no in reply. :huh: By the ways what is HSBEAT.exe? 🤔

hsbeat.exe? never heard about it. maybe it is related to the client itself. not using the client atm... will start using after i have no option left 😛

Ok, I denied hsbeat.exe any excess to internet and I can still surf the net. Can anyone tell me what is it for?

I guess HSBEAT.exe is --> Heartbeat feature : Senses if the connection is lost and automatically logs you out

happenin to me too... i put a file on download, go to sleep and when i come back to check it the stupid client was logged out just 20 minutes later i went to sleep.