• Thread starter Thread starter Adarshsk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 15,024

Adarshsk

ISP
BSNL
Hi All,
Thanks in Advance, i am facing a very strange problem in my bsnl broadband connection. even though i have disabled all the automatic updates of windows and all the softwares i am using. whenever i open the internet and close all the web pages, the packets are continuously being sent and received. i have Home 500 plan, because of this, i am getting more billed that i am using actually. i could see this by clicking the BSNL Status button present in the right bottom corner of the Task bar..
can anybody help me in finding the solution to this problem???

welcome to broadbandforum.co.
Disable all programs other than AV and firewall/ appearing in TASKBAR AT STARTUP.
Use FireFox browser/ with Adblock Plus/Flash block to reduce download usage.
Use this meter version 1.1. to check your daily download ( with a timer )
ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter - Freeware to display bandwidth consumed for session, day and month

welcome to broadbandforum.co.
Disable all programs other than AV and firewall/ appearing in TASKBAR AT STARTUP.
Use FireFox browser/ with Adblock Plus/Flash block to reduce download usage.
Use this meter version 1.1. to check your daily download ( with a timer )
ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter - Freeware to display bandwidth consumed for session, day and month
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. but my problem is --- something is getting downloading/ appears to be downloading... even with all the items in the task bar disabled and with all the browsers in the closed condition.
This doesnt happen on the system startup, it is happening only when i use internet and close all the browsers....

@^^Hey!! maybe some Trojan/spyware has creeped into ur system..Update ur Antivirus and run a full system scan.And also If u r nt using a firewall then download one and install it..firewall asks for ur permission when some program wants to use internet.Apart from browsers, Antivirus update, block other programs which try to use internet.

Did the Shaplus meter record the download ?1.PRESS Ctrl/Alt/Del to Open Task Manager.Check applications and processes running, when you suspect unwanted download. 2. Downlaod Advanced Windows Care personal or Pro from www. iobit.comRun all menu programs including AV antispy etc. 3. OR start run sfc /scannow ( note space after sfc ) to restore/check original OS files.Keep the OS CD ready.Also update with SP3.