Urgent query reg. 502T

ISP
Airtel FTTH
I had the router with the old firmware. I saved my settings on to my disk. Today the MTNL guys came and replaced it with the one having the new firmware V2.00B01T01.ML.20050530. I just need to know whether i can load my old settings on to the new router safely without screwing it up in any way.

Are u asking how u can load the old settings? or Is it safe to load the old settings??? 🤔

Yeah they wud definately !!!!!!! However, in some cases, u will find certain features under some other menus with the names changed....... 😛

@waterloo_sunset don worry it will work...... 🙂

Originally posted by dearashwin@Sep 23 2005, 12:42 AM
y do u wanna upgrade?..... as long as ur net is wrkin fine... bunk it
[snapback]26000[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not a question of me wanting to upgrade. The MTNL guys just came and replaced my old router (to which i had gotten quite attached, 😛 ) with a new one saying i will need the new firmware for cable tv when it is launched in nov. But as bad till bones correctly pointed out, some of the menus...sub-menus and options are different in the new firmware. And all my port-forwarding settings were wiped out. So i was just wondering whether to risk loading the settings saved with the old firmware in the new one. Maybe i'll set it up manually. Y take a chance 😛

yup.... u always do an upgrade only if u feel the new features are useful to YOU.... there are always new features in every upgrade that are useful to sumone or the other... but r they useful to U?... if yes then worth the effort.. go ahead n do it.

Mate u will hve to do it manually.....by recognizing n relating the new names in menus with the old one........ 😛

DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT get the settings from the old saved settings file...u'll screw ur modem...i did it once, when i was in the same situation -_-

if u want to port fwd then it is just 1 min ka job in the new ver mein 😛so do it manually.

Only manually !!!!!!!!!!!!! 😛 Don be LAZY........... 😀 BTW: Me sure tht u must hve done it by now........ 🙄

Yeah, all done 😛 It's actually easier in the new firmware as akash pointed out. But have u guys noticed that unlike the old firmware, if u try and provide ur static LAN IP ex. 192.168.1.2 port forwarding doesn't work. U have to set it to accept any IP in the Filter settings. Anybody knows why this is so?