Info on Torrents

uthfull

Uthfull.org
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
I always try n keep my share ratio above 1.But recently.... I've been thinking.... we ppl get dynamic IPs.... so the next time we download frm the same tracker.... it won't recognise us.So why the hell shud I keep my PC on.... when I won't get banned?!!I'm not a leecher.... but still.If this is true........then a ratio of .6 will b sufficient.Please comment!!

Tushar

Regular
Regulars
May 5, 2005
:lol: Ofcourse not if its a ratio tracker it will either use a passkey system, or it wouldn't let you download stuff if/when your IP changes. You have to manually open the website in your browser so that your IP is stored in their DB IF its not a passkey system or else you will get a Unrecognised Host error while connecting to the tracker in your BT client.In simple words, continue seeding ti a 1:1 ratio and believe me your account will be credited with the amount you uploaded :)

uthfull

Uthfull.org
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
Thx.... for warning me beforehand.Tho I stopped seeding the last torrent after 80% :(But neways!!

jammy123

May 31, 2005
errr...i'm actually downloading a nickelback DVD ie of 3.7 GB and i've finished approx. 70 pc of it and my share ratio is .391 and decreasing......i've NEVER been banned or anything.

Tushar

Regular
Regulars
May 5, 2005
Yes apparently I DO care about ratio and leechers. We need to care so that the bt protocol doesn't get converted into KaZaa. I being an Admin at a torrent site have to deal with numerous leechers, ratio cheats daily, so yes it does matter to me. Its not like you have to pay extra money for uploading from 10 to 8, infact we should feel lucky that in India all ISP's are offering a 1:1 connection ie upload speed = download speed. In most places the ratio of upload to download speed is 1:8

uthfull

Uthfull.org
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
heh... ok so ur the torrent site admin which if I correctly remember Sushubh talked bout in sum previous post n when I had asked him he din tell. Well which site is it neways?

Suraj

Regular
Regulars
Jan 28, 2005
Well.. we get to hear about desitorrents admin on IBF sometimes.....so you are the guy i suppose.