Railwire Broadband: Looks wonderful

• Thread starter Thread starter mrityu12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 38,489
Yes,At least future looks nice 🙂, but how is their overall service will matter.

Dam they should widen there broadband to other parts of India.It can give BSNL nice compedition ragarding there packages.

*Port speeds are on 1:4 contention ratio Contention ratio is the ratio in which no. of users content for bandwidth on the same port. In short, 4 people will be using the same port/card at the DSLAM in the exchange. So, if the port/card is 4Mbps, then it's contented between 4 users. It means that you will get anywhere between 1/4th to full of the mentioned speed. Heh.. I was keeping an eye on this, this sucks anyway. As they have already mentioned the contention ratio, you cannot complain if you get 256kbps on your 1mbps line :wall:

*Port speeds are on 1:4 contention ratio

Then IMO this sucks like anything :madness::madness::wall:

*Port speeds are on 1:4 contention ratio

Shouldn't max theoretical speed be 512mbs then instead of 256kbs ?

Hi,
Is there any of us using broadband from Railwire.in ??
Their plans look very promising ( 2Mbps unlimited @ Rs1220/-)
Here is the link : Railwire - Tariffs & Plans

Yes they do stand for their promise. I took a railwire connection 256Kbps in Bangalore, May be a 15 days back. At starting i faced download spped problem. Browsing speed was Awsome. But when i try to download any file the speed used to decrease gradually. Instead of 30Kbps i was Getting Max 25Kbps. But now it's ok. i dont ahve any problem with this connection. But the great thing about them is, They just offerred me a free connection for a month. Do u belive dat. It's totally Free of cost. But at the end of the day the connection hasn't broken down and it's keep on running. I mean no issues with Railwire connection. It Rocks. I recommand other's to try this connection. And i'm sure all will like this connection a lot and u start recommanding others about it. It's totally affordable and in expensive. Their plans are really cool and best.

Ok , we stay near whitefield ( segehalli, after kadugodi) can we access ?

Veena Ramesh

Yes they do stand for their promise. I took a railwire connection 256Kbps in Bangalore, May be a 15 days back. At starting i faced download spped problem. Browsing speed was Awsome. But when i try to download any file the speed used to decrease gradually. Instead of 30Kbps i was Getting Max 25Kbps. But now it's ok. i dont ahve any problem with this connection. But the great thing about them is, They just offerred me a free connection for a month. Do u belive dat. It's totally Free of cost. But at the end of the day the connection hasn't broken down and it's keep on running. I mean no issues with Railwire connection. It Rocks. I recommand other's to try this connection. And i'm sure all will like this connection a lot and u start recommanding others about it. It's totally affordable and in expensive. Their plans are really cool and best.

Ok , we stay near whitefield ( segehalli, after kadugodi) can we access ?

Veena Ramesh

Well I'm not very much sure about the fesibilty. As per my knowledge u should get the connection @ ur place. Contact This No for Proper information "40608899". It's an Customer Care No of Rail wire. Wish u good luck.🙂

the port speed of 1:4 doesnt mean that u wud get speed divide by 4 , therez a load balancing thing in favor now which allows using the unused bandwidth on the same port. So if u r entitled min 512 kbps speed on 2mb plan, chances r u can run at 1 or 1.5 as 90% times other connection may not be maxing out. This happens on most european/us based servers used for file hosting..