• Thread starter Thread starter Bluegene
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,970

Bluegene

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Hi,I want to know that from which date to which date i should count my data traffic..Should it be from 1st to 31 every month.or the date i used the Connection for the first time.uptil now i have been counting from every 9th of the month coz i was told that i would be charged from the day i have first used the connection.Is it true?Sandy

I belive Its 1st to month end.

Originally posted by Bluegene@Sep 20 2005, 08:41 PM
Hi,
I want to know that from which date to which date i should count my data traffic..
Should it be from 1st to 31 every month.
or the date i used the Connection  for the first time.

uptil now i have been counting from every 9th of the month coz i was told that i would be charged from the day i have first used the connection.

Is it true?

Sandy
[snapback]25762[/snapback]
[/quote]

The month you got your connection, the charge would have been on a pro-rata basis for the number of days u used the same during that month. Subsequently it will be from the 1st to the end of every following month. 🙂

I have one doubt here.I got my connection on 25 AugustAnd i got my telephone bill on 14 sept (billing period was 18 Aug to 31 Aug, since telephone was installed on 18th). when i took the connection i paid the rent and modem rental in advance (Rs 500 + Rs 100 + taxes).But in the bill there is no mention of DataOne charges (I have not exceed the allocated datatransfer).Is this Ok and there is a billing error.

Actually Bsnl should take the activation date. But due to lack of coordination with field department, billing section takes the date of work order or telephone line connection according to their convenience.

Ya this has happened for me also.I got the connection on 1st July and used 926 MB in the month of July.But now according to BSNL records my activation date is only 16th of July and so they have that I have only 500 MB free. So I have been asked to pay for 436 MB (926 - 500) I saw the service records and it shows the usage from 1st July and I have taken a print out of it and I am running from pillar to post in BSNL office but in vain. I don’t know whether I have to pay it or not.

Originally posted by Sudar@Sep 25 2005, 12:08 PM
I saw the service records and it shows the usage from 1st July and I have taken a print out of it and I am running from pillar to post in BSNL office but in vain. I don’t know whether I have to pay it or not.
[snapback]26291[/snapback]
[/quote]
When you have a proof of service records then why did that go in vain??? Are those people this dumb that they cant understand the service records. Go meet the higher officials

And also suggest that you keep a print screen of the same. One mention of that and Consumers Forum and they fall in line

From 1st of every month. If you had got dataone (not telephone) then rental and free MB are on pro-rata basisSandeep

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Sep 25 2005, 03:51 PM
When you have a proof of service records then why did that go in vain??? Are those people this dumb that they cant understand the  service records. Go meet the higher officials
[snapback]26312[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ya, these ppl are not able to understand the service records. They are getting confused with broadband usage and normal telephone usage.

More over the last date for the payment is 29-Sep-05 and i should sort it out before that.

Caan any one please explain whats pro rata?I got data one yesterday oct 17 .How much should i use in this month ? 1 GB?