MTNL To Announce New Unlimited Plans On Oct. 2nd

im getting 26 -27 on avg in night day time dunno 😛but when ever i surf i get the same speed ie 26 - 27

I still say.........wait 4 da unlimted plan 🙂

I dunno wt u guys are complaining abt. MTNL and BSNL are solely responsible for true broadband finally taking off in India. And atleast they had the sense to come out with a cost effective plan like 590NU when others were looting the consumers with crappy speeds and connectivity and ridiculous plans. And as regards speeds, am getting 30 KBps even though my place is 5-6 kms from the exchange. If ur getting low speeds, check ur phone line for disturbance...don't install parallel lines before the splitter, check the contacts for loose connections...I don't this anybody else has complained abt the speeds.

speed is not an issue here as well...but am surely looking forward to 24 x 7 unlimited scheme...let's see

Originally posted by bad_till_bones@Sep 23 2005, 12:48 AM
ME TOO....... 🙄
[snapback]26003[/snapback]
[/quote]

heh i hope they manage to fix their billing problems before that.

otherwise can u imagine the chaos 😛

Surfing is different from downloading. I am not concerned with surfing speed, I am more concerned with a constant and full download speed.So do all mtnl users get the 32 Kilo bytes per second "for downloading" for all the 24 hours ? That will be an interesting question if mtnl does allow for unlimited download for all the 24 hours in the future.With your current scheme, you should be getting 800 MB in the 8 hours of your scheme. Do you get that much? Check it and tell me.When you download as much as I do, the above things make a big difference 🙂

Originally posted by jayesh@Sep 23 2005, 01:18 AM
heh i hope they manage to fix their billing problems before that.

otherwise can u imagine the chaos 😛
[snapback]26011[/snapback]
[/quote]

When it will be unlimited for 24X7, no billing problems, as the rate wud be fixed. Cannot exceed over tht.

Got it..... 😛

hm its posssible to reach 800mb in 8 hours even on speeds of 28KB... i have got 750mb at 27kB....i def think they would update their speeds further .. hopefully 😛and ya no billing probs.. but then when people opted for NU they were put in AA .. that might happen and then your stuck i guess..people already startd aruging "that mtnl is this and that..let it first introduce its unlimited scheme yaa.

Originally posted by yogi@Sep 23 2005, 10:14 AM
Surfing is different from downloading. I am not concerned with surfing speed, I am more concerned with a constant and full download speed.
[snapback]26038[/snapback]
[/quote]

So what did u think we were talking abt 😛 I dinno there was anythin known as surfing speed. I have downloaded as much as 700 MB on torrents in 8hrs. So, i think 800MB wud be possible with direct downloads from an FTP server. I get a rock solid 30KBps be it day or night. Although for abt a week my connection was abnormally slow during afternoons which i did post here. But that must've been a server issue which got fixed. So no speed problems as of now, fingers crossed.

And as regards how some of us manage to get 30KBps while others don't. There could be 2-3 reasons. Distance fron the exchange...there are ppl who love very close to their local exchange no transmission loss is minimal. Secondly, u should be synced at 288kbps which u can check in the router settings under Status > ADSL. Thirdly, and most importantly, the wiring.If u've noticed the MTNL guys must've made 2 breaks in the wiring. One where the main line coming to ur house is shredded and twisted with another wire having an RJ45 port at one end which goes into the splitter. And another similer joint with the DSL output wire unless the splitter in very near ur comp and doesn't require additional wiring. Now these joints can cause u to lose atleast 3-4 KBps...so my advice is solder the two wires together and put them in a small junction box and forcefully tighten the two wires together with the screws. Also check the connection with the main line coming out from the MTNL pole/box. U'll notice an immediate jump in speeds. Cheers!

^^ I checked All n donebut i prob still remains Sync rate viz 256 not 288so is there any way to increase sync rate to 288.

Originally posted by chicmagnet@Sep 23 2005, 08:20 PM
hm its posssible to reach 800mb in 8 hours even on speeds of 28KB... i have got 750mb at 27kB....

i get 32.5KBps constant..anytime in a day.. 🙄
that makes 117mb in 1 hr and
936 mb in 8 hrs !!..thats close to 1gb.. B)

I dont mind getting 25Kbps dwnld if its unltd. dwnld.All i am want is a good nights sleep ^_^