MTNL to offer phone, broadband, cable on one line

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,930
cool

that`s good news.... but i just hope.. they dont do .. stupidity.. but adding.. the streaming movie/tv show download to the monthly download limit 😛.. hehe. you never know..

Uh Oh, i was gonna switch to Airtel day after. This article has me all messed up now. If i leave MTNL there's no way back. What if MTNL decides to offer 256kbps unlimited for somethin like 800-900. That wud make me feel real stupid. But the connection has been giving so many problems lately, downtimes have increased...speed and conn stability drop in the daytime at random...not always..but since i use it in the day a lot too i've noticed. Plus their customer care is like the worst in the history of CC, lol. The connection was so smooth, the first 2 months i was willing to overlook that. But now with the Broadband conn gettin worse slowly but surely it doesn't make sense.My only doubts are, firstly Airtel's lame "upto" 256kbps tagline. The guy very calmy assured me that my speeds wud never drop below 128kbps....and i was like laughing my head off. Atleast MTNL has the decency to give the promised speeds (30kbps downloads is pretty darn good i think). They actually sync their customers at 288kbps to make up for loss in transmission (not all though). And secondly when MTNL does match Airtel's offer i think it'll be cheaper. So yeah, am a confused person rite now.

BAck To Basics!!!!!Basically DSL Technology was developed to give the televison broadcast through tel lines.....May be in coming future untill we use the Triband dsl line lol

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Sep 20 2005, 12:31 AM
Uh Oh, i was gonna switch to Airtel day after. This article has me all messed up now.
[snapback]25687[/snapback]
[/quote]
You could always switch to the no rental plan of mtnl if you are deciding to experient with airtel or hathway...whatever 🙂

Just one problem, i'll have to pay the security deposit for Airtel. So am still deliberating. Let's see. MTNL gives higher speeds but their downtimes have increased compared to none 2-3 months back, and to mention the obvious, their customer care is total crap. If u get inflated bills or other account/conn problems or wtever.....u feel so helpless coz they don't do anythin until u leave all ur studies n work aside and run around all over and get after them. With Reliance i just have to call the helpline, confirm my name and billing address and do anythin...change tariff plans..opt for new schemes...get bills corrected (twice they completely waived off my internet charges completely coz i told them i was abs sure i didn't use it that much, although i think the bill was correct, lol) register complaints of any kind (they actually bother rectifying the problem) knock off my connection....wtever...now that's what i call Airtel and u realise the importance when ur faced with a genuine prob... That's the major reason am thinking abt Airtel coz being a private company they actually care whether we're satisfied with the services. Okay the speeds maybe lower than promised (their technical eng even hinted that theirs is not true DSL in the sense that u don't get dedicated bandwidth which leads to slow speeds during peak hours).

I have Aitrel landline at home.......their customer service is also SHIT like MTNL .......lol 🙂 Mate, my advice, wait a lil.....if MTNL launches the unlimited plan....nothin like tht...... 😛