Pure Cheating

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
ISP
Airtel Home 649 - 256kbps
Today morning at 12:15AM I had these figures:MB Used 269.45 MB ADSL MB 222.147 MB NightMB 308.85 MB I downloaded abt. 200MB of data after tht in the morning slot. Exact from 12:10AM to 5:15AM. As I shut down my PC and Modem at 5:15AM (manually). N yes switched ON the PC n Modem at 12:10AM. Just now at 10:22 AM, checked my Account Balance and was shocked 😱 It read:MB Used 357.7 MB ADSL MB 133.8921 MBNightMB 367.45 MB And when I checked Session History, to my surprise the last figure read:9/18/05 7:12:07AM to 9/18/05 9:12:07 AM Also luk the time intervals, exact 2 hrs, even the second matches........At this time my whole system n modem were shutdown as I was asleep. This is not possible. Not even the starting or end time match any how. Now these ppl hve started manuplating the records too.Can anythin be done? 🤔

I doubt it u can call them and try but i doubt they will do anything . it will take considerable running around to get it fixed. I for one am waiting for my bill issue to be settled and moving back to reliance fwp ... it maybe slow * 700 mb a day* but like hell i care... anything is better than this ridiculous billing system. 3 other people i know are fighting bills of 5 k plus.

yeah...i also noticed a lot of discrepancies...i hardly used the whole 500 MB till now...but somehow it always gets finished at the end of the month 😉

wat the fcuk..
even i am cheated by mtnl an lost 100mb from my account..

I switched On my pc and modem at 12.15am and shut it off at 7.40am sharp everyday..

to my shock the billing showed that i was online from 7.00.34 to 9.00.34 am..this is exactly 2 hrs..how come this be possible?? :angry:

http://imageshack.us

:blink:

This can't be coincidence now. I also had exact 2hr slot.......9/18/05 7:12:07AM to 9/18/05 9:12:07 AM Hey Whitelotus r u frm Delhi?If u r, I had a talk with MTNL Customer Care. The guy told me if we receive any other complaints like tht, we will take some action. So, u please also inform the same to them.Just tell wht happened and positively ask has anyone else complained abt it earlier.....if they say no..screw them...... 😛 BTW: I was hoping tht it was a pure server error and whosoever online during tht time will also suffer the same. Do tell, if anyone who was online (frm Delhi only) till or after 5:30AM on 18th Sept'2005 got this type of Data. 🤔

yes bad_till_bones.. i am from delhi(west)..I havent complained to customer care coz i knw nothing will happen.Once the server has registered some crap record..they wont change is for watsoever reason..Now i am scared to go online after mid nite 🙁

Yep, i checked my sessions history after reading this and surely i've been shown to be online from 7:05 to 9:05, 2 hrs exact again. I lost abt 25-30 MB, but maybe that's coz i only downloaded around 80 MB last nite. This is freakin nuts. The connection was down for 2-3 days now this shit. This better be a server error or somethin coz if it happens again, am just gonna complain once....and if they don't correct it, to hell with them....am switching to Airtel and am keeping the router, hahaBtw, how do u post ur details as an image whitelotus?

Guys !!!!!! we r three ppl now who have suffered. And I guarantee whoever having NU plan logged in today morning (18th Sept’2005) got this 2hr gift. At least complaint once to the customer care at 1504. I know its next to impossible, but give it a single try.......... 🙂 As for a change the guy to whom I talked appeared sensible...... 😛

@whitelotus, I agree with u.......me too scared tologin at night now.

@waterloo_sunset upload the image at a free webspace like http://imageshack.us and give the link here using the "IMG" tag.

😛

Yeah, i lodged a complaint on 1504. Not sure the guy at the other end got what i meant though. Kept saying "Aapki line mein koi problem hogi". So let's c wt happens..lolAnd how do u download ur account details as an image. Prt scr or somethin?One more thing, i know this is not the place to ask but i have got no useful replies in the Airtel section. And u guys seem to know a lot and respond regularly. So, i was thinking of shifting to Airtel's 256kbps unlimited plan at the end of the month and i need to know this>> Can u forward ports with an airtel connection with their dynamic ip's.Coz i've read ppl saying that Airtel does block ports. I mean will i be able to get a green smiley (lol) in Azureus and remote connections in BitComet. Pls this is really important coz i need to take a decision fast or else i'll be stuck with MTNL for another month.

@waterloo_sunset:

And how do u download ur account details as an image. Prt scr or somethin?

- Yeah thru PrintScreen. Later edit the image accordingly.

Can u forward ports with an airtel connection with their Dynamic IP's.

- First of all Airtel does not block ports.

Secondly, u cannot forward ports thru Dynamic IP. U will have to setup a Static IP Address. Visit:

http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

After doing tht visit:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Select your Router and in the next page the program you are forwarding ports for, to get the exact steps.

Don't worry, everything will be fine on Airtel. In case Airtel starts blocking ports, follow the steps to setup Static IP and Port Forwarding. But yes, firstly give it a try without any extra settings.

Note: The steps stated above holds good for the MTNL crap too.

😛

There was an email server upgradation going on - on 18th of september. Maybe they were playing with other servers as well which resulted in the data usage details being screwed up.

This is the mail that i got from MTNL.

Dear Customer,

This is for your information that the maintenance activity would be scheduled on 18th September'2005 from 00:00 Hrs to 06:00 Hrs in place of 17th September'2005,during this period MTNL E-Mail Services will not be available.

Inconvenience is highly regretted.

Originally posted by whitelotus@Sep 18 2005, 03:16 PM
wat the fcuk..
even i am cheated by mtnl an lost 100mb from my account..

I switched On my pc and modem at 12.15am and shut it off at 7.40am sharp everyday..

to my shock the billing showed that i was online from 7.00.34 to 9.00.34 am..this is exactly 2 hrs..how come this be possible?? :angry:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/590/bill20pg.jpg

:blink:
[snapback]25511[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ive been having a similar problem with my MTNL DSL NU account. This is the 1st month of taking the connection and my current ADSL Usage is 650MB ie. 150MB over the quota. I contacted many MTNL staff in my area regarding this problem including Helpdesk 1504, but no one can figure this out or provide any useful solutions. One of the staff members advised me to write an application to the Dy. GM and so i wrote the following on 9th sept. 2005 :

Sub : Misuse Of MTNL Triband Account

Dear Sir,
I am a subscriber of the DSL NU package of MTNL Triband. The telephone no. on which the internet account is taken is 23712509. I would kindly like to bring to your notice the following problems I am facing since the very beginning of the account :-

1) My account commencement date which appears at http://register.mtnl.net.in is 26th August, 2005 when in fact, the internet connection was installed on 31st August, 2005. Due to this I have already lost 5 days of the account.
2) The account is being misused by a third party whom I am unaware of. When the connection was installed, I was informed to change my account password along with the modem WAN password, which I did. But from 1st September, 2005, after changing the password, I noticed that many internet sessions have been used by someone else thereby downloading a large amount of MB such as 152, 90, 55 MB etc. at each session. I realized that my account is being stolen when I noticed that the sessions during which the net was used, many of them were when my PC and the router were off. Furthermore, I am the only one who uses this PC. So there is no one else that knows my password or even turn on the PC without me being aware of it. This has been going on for 9 days and now today I have only 5MB left out of the 500MB quota that I get with the DSL NU package for the month.

I already lodged the above mentioned complaints on the 1504 Customer Care Helpdesk but did not get any useful response so far. One of the MTNL Support Engineers has advised me to continue using the account until it is corrected after the MB quota is returned. So I am writing this application requesting you to kindly look into the matter and return my MB quota that was forcefully stolen or lost from my account and take additional precautions that such an incident does not occur again.
Thanking you and oblige.

After that, i called up the Dy. GM to follow up with the matter and he said on the phone that its not possible for someone to misuse my account. Also he was giving me general instructions like to turn off router when not in use....blah blah blah. After that he said that he will put an investigation on this matter. Only 5 days r left for end of this month and the account. If they dont return my quota or correct the bill, i will be forced to cancel my subscription. I honestly dont want to do that coz other than this problem, the conn is gr8 ie.more stable, much faster and cheaper compared to my earlier connection. Earlier, i had a pacenet connection at 64kbps@Rs850/month with unlimited d/w 24hrs. So can anyone suggest me a better way to solve this by calling the right ppl coz so far none of the mtnl staff members were able to help me. Also, how can i prevent this from happening in the future???

PS : I am attaching an image file containing all the sessions during which my account was misused :-
View attachment 283