Any tweaks/suggestions for saving download MBs

• Thread starter Thread starter cimmind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 4,950

cimmind

ISP
mtnl
Are there any tweaks/suggestions that you use for saving on download MBsE.g.. making the Firefox cache 'read-only' or other such tweaks that you know of. I have the 500MB (combo) plan Thanks in advance.

You can surf the net by images turned off in your browser.This is the only one i know..

if u use opera u can try out surfing in IMAGE CACHE mode. that really saves on bandwidth.

@sushubhI downloaded Opera , and feel it is far far better than IE. but also gobbling memory like FireFox !After entering an IP address , I have to press the "ENTER' key .Any other ICON in the page for clicking /? Thank you.

you can add the go button by right clicking and customizing... go button can be find in the Buttons > Browser View tab.

@sushubh

I downloaded Opera , and feel it is far far better than IE. but also gobbling memory like FireFox !
After entering an IP address , I have to press the "ENTER' key .
Any other ICON in the page for clicking /? Thank you.

@essbebe, a question out of curiosity. After typing the address, isnt it easier to press ENTER than use the mouse and click GO.

i hate the missing go button in the new firefox. sometimes the page stops loading or hangs. u need the go button which is totally missing from the scene!

yes but that "play" symbol is there in firefox na which serves the function of GO

members/itsme/
out of thread
After typing the address, isnt it easier to press ENTER
Rarely type an address all select from bookmarks and bookmarks toolbar.
Having 5 browsers , ( two IE two FF and opera) just comparing different advantages/disadvantages. bugs in Beta version will report to mozilla.
For Instance in Minefield ( Beta ) after you select the combined back/forward icon, cannot access file/edit/view/bookmarks etc. ( blanked )
In FF 2.0.0.13 no problem.
But UTF-8 character encoding for Indian languages not correct ) ( 90 % Ok ) Minefield 100% OK.

I cant see any go or play in firefox 3 as well. And cant add it either.Where is it?

ohh yaa!! i have noted something...its there in my Laptop and not pc..and i downloaded new firefox for my laptop 3 days back...hey guys u download the latest version and see...play icon is there