FIFA World Cup Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter kimirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 716
  • Views Views 247,030
that are hd channels, u need to purchase hd stb for rs 5990 which dishtv will be commercially launching

there is a special exchange offer for the existing dishtv
costomers which will be announce latter < may be inthe first week of june this year
source: Hindustan hindi version

Can we watch the hd channels by plugging a lcd monitor say a 22 incher via VGA/DVI with the STB ?

Hi,Which channel(s) is going to telecast FIFA World Cup 2010?Any special offer from Sun Direct (We got special offer for T20 World cup).DD-National going to telecast any matches?-KARIYAN

That are HD channels, u need to purchase HD STB for Rs 5990 which Dishtv will be commercially launching
so this stb is useless ?? if u wnat to see hd tv. very unfair for old customers .. at lest they must give exchange offer . with some price .

Well this STB is not useless, Just wait for few days they will surely come up with an offer for existing customers as well..

I hope they come up with some offers for customers from other DTHs too, like Sun Direct did. I am looking to jump at the first opportunity of a good and economical HD PVR.

i ve a kaon stb in my home. my dishtv space is not working form the starting of this service........any solution for me???????

I think Dish tv has done a smart job by planning to add upto 40 HD channels by the year end.Big Tv HD has currently only NGC HD.Lets see how much more they can add.Also waiting for Airtel and Tata Sky to launch their HD services.

It mentions that it offers Stereophonic Sound. Does it mean that it wont gives out 5.1 Channel Audio like Big TV HD DVR. SPDIF thing is there, but it will require High-end audio equipment.Next, why dont these current DTH provide 1080p like the Direc TV one. Will it require more resource? As per my knowledge, 720p is better than 1080i for moving images. Can we downgrade the 1080i live stream to 720p?

Hey man is it monthly Price is same 😕

im w8ing for Direct TV 😀 THEY HAVE MANY CHANNELs IN HDTV AND ALSO WWE LiVE CHANNEL

in india direct tv really or joking???????????

Tata Sky has maximum subscribers, if they come up with Tata Sky HD with Video recording, it will Inevitably Triumph. They may also give offers to existing customers in exchange for the old STB..Go TATA sky ! :imwink:

Well its good news that Dish TV finally has HD chs on the list ! Hope the pricing of the same wont be exorbitant. I am really looking forward for a DVR box from Dish TV. HD STB is something which can be thought of later.

Damn, WTF!So, existing Dish TV users have to pay that stupid 6k to watch the HD channels ?I will better go for Airtel TV, since it displays perfect on my 42 inch Sony LCD ,while Dish TV is a pain in the A$$.