2010?? Really possible??

sneezymelon

NetZombie
ISP
MTNL
2010 is touted to be the "Year of Delhi" and all that crap. The governments's set up huge plans of creating a highly sophisticated network of Metro Trains, Hotels, Hospitals, Roads, Tracks, Amusement Parks and the biggest of all- A CLEAN AND GREEN CITY (Though only around the Commonwealth village Area)But looking at the current condition of the society, is th gvt really thinking practically??Are such goals really achievable in India??

Amusement Parks???they are killing the appu ghar. the only amusement park left in the city is i guess the one in metro park.

Well out of all those predictions, the Metro is the only one they seem to have got the ball rolling on.

Yup that Adventure Island thing in Metro Park is way better than Appu GharBut I can't believe they're replacing Delhi's Ist amusement park with an SC office!!As for Metro Rail, I think the DMRC has come to a standstill after creating the 3 existing lines (Especially after seeing the same state of the Punjabi Bagh line for at least 2 months)

errr not quite yar...they are working on new lines ... like the one connecting the airport via dhaula kuan and anyways i feel another very good thing the dmrc does is that it digs up potholed roads and makes new ones that are far better than the orignal..

^Does it?? I've never seen that happening!

heh u should check them out working in gurgaon. they are working here like nuts. and people are amazed. i think they can create the entire metro infra in gurgaon before the local MC can fix the roads. to prepare for the upcoming rains!

and anyways i feel another very good thing the dmrc does is that it digs up potholed roads and makes new ones that are far better than the orignal..

Good for Delhi! Here BMC has been busy digging up good roads just in time for them to fill with water during the rains...they have also repaired several roads where nothing was wrong so that they are more bumpy in the rains.

whenever I have come to delhi I have envied the beautiful roads and pavements..here in Mumbai some dude would have considered such broad roads a waste. And built a building on the road divider!

Just yesterday, new pillars(for no apparent reason) were planted outside our gate and within 9 hours, the halestrom brought one of the pillars crashing down(Fortunately no-one or nothing was beneath it). MCD par bharosa karna to maine 5 saal ki umar mein hi chhod diya tha.....But, from wat I hear, DMRC is doing quite some work!!@meaculpa!!!!Beautiful ROADS and PAVEMENTS!!!!Dude, are u sure u came to Delhi??