How long it takes to install Airtel connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter rockyjr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,572

rockyjr

I have applied for connection exactly 26 days back for 128kbps (paid the pesa too). They confirmed it is available in my area. Nearest DP (as they told me) is less than 100 meters distance. But still they don’t install it at home. Everytime I call them they told me new causes like they are taking permission to dig a road, lines are blocked and so on. And asked me to give 2-4 days and again same thing. :blink: I’m tired of this. What I’m supposed to do? Cancel it and go for BSNL or wait few more days. As official documents say it will take 4-6 week to install new connection. Please advice me. 🙁

In my case they took only two days after initial formalities and same for my friends too ,also airtel installation dept. is quiet good so i do think that they might be having real problems in your area or they may not actually have lines laid in your area.After my pleasent experiance with airtel ,I do feel that its worthwhile to wait for airtel ,if the wait is not too long

well, in my case they are not ready to dig the extra 100 metres to reach my residence...the area manager has told me that the cost comes to abt Rs 1000/metre therefore its not feasible unless i can gather 20-30 ppl who want the connection in my locality.So if they have not flatly refused and committed they should be connecting u soon...not guaranteed though....