200 MB data usage without any usage

g_goyal2000

ISP
MTNL Triband, 749NU, 2048/256
I have a MTNL landline connection with Triband connection with plan TriB 749NU (Night Unlimited).

On this plan, I get 1280 MB of free day data usage and free night usage.

On 1st October 2009, when I checked my usage, I noticed that almost 199 MB (approx.) of excess day data usage had been logged, even though I had used only about 80 MB day data on that day upto that time.
Even the session history didn’t have any mention of that 199 MB (approx.) data.

Despite filing numerous complaints with the Customer Care, no action has been taken on my complaint.

Kindly suggest who should I contact and what are the chances of my problem being resolved?

Its time do shift to unlimited plans !

Its time do shift to unlimited plans !
Not exactly the answer I was looking for.
Need Help, not comments.

When my problems have not been resolved satisfactorily, I have written to the ED & GM (Broadband) in Mumbai. You can do the same in Delhi, in fact I suggest you meet them personally (this has got me results in Mumbai). Check out http://mtnldelhi.in/gm_dgm.htm for the list of senior officers for Delhi & http://mtnldelhi.in/glance/organization.htm also the billing dept, cc to the ED MTNL Delhi mentioning that you have written to helpdesk, to no avail. The MD's email id is cmd@bol.net.in. Best of luck.

data usage in summary page wud sometimes differ from session history page.if session history is not reporting then u can be worry free. however pls confirm with 1504.

Mention make/model of modem/ router wifi you use/If WIFI Is it security key enabled ?Any automatic updates scheduled in Taskbar ?or Download Managers? ( see downloaded files on Oct 1st)).Presume in MTNL U/L is not counted and you are mentioning D/L only.A screen shot of the usage page will be helpful. ( only 1st and 2nd Oct ) to check whether Day usage and NU ( free) timings are overlapping.

I checked my entire session till date and calculated manually my day time usage. And there IS a difference of atleast 125 MB.For the rest of about 75 MB, I'm not sure how to calculate it because some entries are going from day to night.I mean, if I started my internet at around 11 PM and turned it off after 12 AM, so basically, the data usage has to be distributed in ratio of day & night usage.Now, how do distribute is the question I need answer to.I hope u understand what I just said.

Are you an '@a' user?If so you need not worry about the sessions which started before 12AM and continued after 12AM because it automatically starts a new session after 12AM and all the downloads after in that session are not counted.Don't know about other users.