2 Mbps Speed For Mtnl Broadband Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter seshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,068
  • Views Views 123,794
awesome...! what about MTNL Mumbai???

kasame vaade pyaar vafaa sab, baaten hain baaton kaa kyaa :lol: So in 8hrs we can download ~5GB if at all it is true...hmm then i need to buy a 750GB harddisk 😱

yeah i was thinking the same..... lolzzz....but i want unlimited.not to download whole day..but to downloaded when stuff gets posted online for better ratio.. 😉 hehehenow i just hope that provide dl/ul 2mbps /1mbps speeds (might not be realistically possible... sucks)

from 256kps to 2 mbps....at the existing rates..... 😱cud someone pls confirm this.....i hope they do as mentioned in that article.....2 good 2 b true.....

Almost had goose bumps reading that piece of news. Too good to be true,they will have some silly download limits,with these speeds.moreover 1st jan is too near,were they preparing for this in advance or do they plan to work on this in the next ten days.also what uploads are they going to give?i hope uploads are decent too. By the way, did anyone call up customer care.hope they were not joking

Yes ... and you will also get a large bill since nothing has been said about the download volume, which will continue as before. So beware ... 🙂

QUOTE(raptor_79 @ Dec 20 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]71303[/snapback]
kasame vaade pyaar vafaa sab, baaten hain baaton kaa kyaa :lol:

So in 8hrs we can download ~5GB if at all it is true...hmm then i need to buy a 750GB harddisk 😱
[/b]

same rates same plans that means 2mbps but just 400Mb?! LOL4sec per mb = 15mb per min, abt 30mins and 400mb are gone LOL.ok atleast night downloaders will not have to stay awake. get up at7 oclock and by 8 u can have full cd downloaded which earlier took fullnight and electricity bills wud be less as well.hail mtnl ... now i will wait for 7star (now VSNL) to upgrade my packageas well else it wud be ditched!

can some1 confirm whether this so-good-to-be-true news is for MTNL Mumbai subscribers as well?

first of all Maran's site states speeds 1 MBPS while other site says its 2 MBPS...I asked local xchange of Mumbai [Prabhadevi one] ppl and they r as usual clueless bout it 😀 and whether the speed change is applicable to Mumbai ppl is still unclear.

@sanke1 Don't know! I read it in some news report that firstly they are to change speed to 1mbps if the gateway are able to sustain that load then it will be made to 2 mbps.You know mtnl employee they don't what is currently available & u asked about what will be available! Mumbai will also be part of this speed upgrade as it is also clarified by Mr Narendra Sharma(rightly said i thinkl) head of Mtnl under whom both delhi and mumbai operations come not just delhi.@powdermonkey Yes applicable for everybody with 256kbps and some data cap though not sure about 949 plan!