2 Mbps @ 5000 Pm Had To Believe!

• Thread starter Thread starter morphus123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,424
Status
Not open for further replies.

morphus123

Hi!Do any of you guys have Reliance 1 or 2 mbps connection. It is really hard to believe and even more harder to switch over. My existing connection is Airtel.According to reliance plan 1.speed: 1mbpsdownload limit: 8 GB and Rs. 1.50 per mb after that. charges: Rs. 2500 pm.no charges for CPE.plan 2.speed: 2 mbpsdownload limit: 22 GB and Rs. 1.00 per mb after that.charges: Rs. 5000 pm.no charges for CPE.What do you think? Do they give the bandwidth of of 1 mbps. It is really hard to decide. I asked their representative, and they said that the connection is committed and not shared (though it is not a lease line), there will be only minimum loss. At any give time speed will be no less than 2 or 3 % loss.They even said that the connection is symmetric. Don't know whether to take this connection or not. We need connection with higher speed for video conferencing. I do not know what is the after sales service of Reliance. If any one has this connection or had used this connection then please suggest what to do.

well..... any plans with limits is a foolish decision ..... 🙄

Thanks for responding. Actually this is for corporate network, and after analyzing data transfer for past one year, we have thought of going in for limited plan. Our data transfer in limited to 6-7 GB per month. If we use video conferencing then it will go up to 5 GB more. So why to pay more to take unlimited plan when we do not use much for data transfer.my main concern was connection speed. Do they really provide 1 mbps connection in Rs. 2500, with 8 GB limit. or is is just upto 1 mbps connection?

Reliance has ample bandwidth (They own FLAG) so bandwidth should not be problem.At enterprise end, their connection has been fairly stable in last 3 years. I hope you are not talking about their consumer connections.

I got a proposal for Reliance Broadnet, Internet Service for SME. So do you think it is okay to take 2 mbps connection for Rs. 5000. Looks really attractrive, provided we get 2 mbps connection upstream and downstream.By the way in their proposal notes they have written this:-The speeds mentioned above are download speeds. Upload speeds are equal to download speed or upto 512 kbps, whichever is lower.So the above line clearly says that upstream data is limited to 512 kbps right?Thanks.

Yes it is limited to 512 kbps.They are trying to make sure that you do not start a web hosting company with SME plans 😉

I've been using Reliance Broadnet at home and a friend has a 4MBPS down at work. Its a screamer. You wont regret it!

QUOTE(morphin @ Jan 17 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]75639[/snapback]
LOL.

I guess I'll switch over to Reliance.

Thanks guys for all the input.[/b]
My my hasty arent we? 😛 Anyway here are my thoughts... Reliance reps are liars. BIG FAT liars. Since you're a business user, insist on a SLA. I'm sure you'd know what it is 😉 Anyway...next thing, you need a line for video conferencing. My dear, even if you have a 100Mbit pipe with FULLY dedicated bandwidth but HIGH latency, you'd not be able to do ANY kind of video conferencing. Meaning? You need a nice line with decent bandwidth ( 1Mbps ) with low pings for it to be of any use 😉 Next ofcourse is what kind of tech reliance is using to deploy the line at your place? Is it FTTH? Is it DSL? AFAIK its DSL from Reliance so EXPECT 15-20% line loss lest they sync you at higher rates. Clarify what they mean by a "committed" line. AFAIK there is only shared or a dedicated line. There is NO SUCH THING as a COMMITTED line. I smell something fishy so just beware 😉

Cheerio! Jai ambani....tera paise jald hi ambani ka...haahahahaa 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.