2.1 Desktop Speakers | Bluetooth - Under 20k

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 4,260
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I want to buy some decent desktop speakers with Bluetooth connectivity options.

Currently I have an ancient Philips 2.1 system, and one of the satellite speaker has stopped working. If it hadn't died, I would still be willing to use it.

Looking for something that won't take a lot of space, can be put on desktop or wall mounted. When I am at it, might as well consider something that will save me from the wire menace.

Budget? Under 20k.

Most of the time I am streaming chillstep:

Source

Last edited:
Solution

Source

Yamaha YAS-209 200 Watt Wireless Bluetooth Soundbar with Alexa (Black) Price: Buy Yamaha YAS-209 200 Watt Wireless Bluetooth Soundbar with Alexa (Black) Online in India -Amazon.in

Purchased this. I am quite impressed by the clarity and the sound stage. The sub is quite powerful, which doesn't make the sound needlessly boomy. It packs a powerful punch, but doesn't shit it all over the entire sound stage. Also, the sub is of the size of a CPU cabinet. Alexa is built in, which is pretty sweet, it however doesn't support both Hindi and English languages. It understands Hindi, but replies only in English.
It doesn’t have an HDMI in port (hence no pass through), so it is basically designed to be used with a TV.

Upvote 0
How are you planning to use it then? Will you pay for Dolby Access?

Upvote 0
@Jonas even if I paid for Dolby it will only work on headphones

for speakers they are free

I tried some Dolby content but it's only working in a few I tried Avengers Endgame with 7.1 dts it wasn't working

then I set it to 5.1 Dolby digital compatibility mode I got that Dolby surround turned on in the soundbar and the immersion increased

also even with 2.0, will all the speakers produce audio? I thought if I played 2.0 audio the extra channels wouldn't produce audio

Upvote 0
@rajat_ I am not able to use its full potential like lossless HDMI with Dolby Atmos but I purchased it specifically for vocals and the proper amount of bass with the extra Dolby Atmos

I even compared it with the Sony s40r and Samsung B67e

s40r had heavy bass

b67e felt more neutral so you can also go for that

but about the 9750 Pro, I would say it's an all-rounder with the extra feature of Dolby Atmos

but it will only work if you have a tv that supports e-arc

Upvote 0
I have decided to go for Samsung B67e as i really liked the sound signature. Vocals were very clear and i could differentiate between different frequencies of sound. Bas was just adequate to my liking. Samsung has better brand value compared to zebronics. I am not sure about zebronics after sales services and warranty coverage. Although my TV has e-arc port i still think dolby atmos in a mid range sound bar is sort of gimmick(it has virtual atmos). Samsung has dts-virtual X which i found quite effective when turned on. It can decode dolby digital plus signals as it as ARC port. Doesn't support 4k passthrough though(does have a hdmi in port).
@Jonas @SpeedxThunder i'd like to know how much difference does atmos decoding make in a mid range soundbar? honestly i don't care about atmos or dolby digital. sound stage and signature matters to me the most. My dad watches old movies, news and sports and i watch sitcoms or some web series which mostly involves dialogues. Sometimes we listen to songs on TV. I am hardly gonna consume atmos supported content(personal preference).

Upvote 0
For music listening 2.1 system is the best. For consuming video content, 5.1 is obviously going to be more immersive. I’m listening to music most of the time hence went with YAS-209. Balanced sound, Alexa support is amazing. I keep shouting Alexa next song, all the time.

For the price point (under 30k), I would rather focus on getting good sound quality for music and decent 5.1 performance (Samsung B67). For a decent Atmos system, I would increase the budget to about 50k and consider Philips Audio TAB8967 and others.

Upvote 0