1mbps line

• Thread starter Thread starter Pulzi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,905

Pulzi

Hello,I need 1mbps line. Data Transfer: UnmeteredHours: UnmeteredPlease tell me how much will it cost and who will povide it.Im from New Delhi. 🙄

for that i suggest you move to china 🙂 'cept you'll have to deal with the "great firewall" hehehor pay rs 3500/- per month for a BSNL DataOne Home 3300 connection which has a monthly 10 GB data transfer limit (up and down) but it has "night unlimited" (NU) everyday between 2am and 8am...you can roughly do about 75 GB per month on that...

for that kind of requirement, ur best option is to contact ur local ISPs personally.

If you know any big person from an isp personlly you can take an unlimited connection of whatever speed, then you can tell him to increase your speed to 1 or 2 mbps. One of my friend has done this. He has a 64 kpbs unlimited connection, but at night he gets speeds of 2 mbps. But this is only for the night and that too he knows a guy personally. I dont think you would be knowing any person who would do this.🙁

Actual 1 mbps line with NO Caps will cost you hundreds of thousands per year. I.e. 4 lakh if you share bandwidth with (up to) 4 customers or 10 lakh if you do not share bandwidth.

MTNL Tariffs for that are:

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/internetservices...et-tariff2.html

Question is, Do you really need a 1 mbps pipe or can your work be done with 4 256 kbps pipes? If it can then maybe you can take 4 256 kbps lines from Airtel. They provide unmetered 256 kbps lines for 1k per month. But heard on this forum that they are not providing good speeds at this time 🙁

but if u take 4 lines together how do u use them all together? :huh:

Three ways:

1. Buy a router that does out of box. Circuit City sells one for $80. Cisco (Linksys) sells advanced version for $400 for 16 ports.

http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessorySt...&ph1=8882000634

2. Use a Linux based proxy or NAT gateway and configure it for bandwidth aggregation. With Squid proxy, you can configure multiple outbound NICs (IPs to be specific) so that multipart TCP requets and Torent or oter P2P downloads will get combined bandwidth (if they support socks).

3. On you Windows PC, install 2, 3 or 4 NICs, each with different ISP connection. And use Sygate's Bandwidth Aggregation software.

3. On you Windows PC, install 2, 3 or 4 NICs, each with different ISP connection. And use Sygate's Bandwidth Aggregation software.[/b]

I want to combine my two airtel connections to get faster download speeds, both
lines are connected through usb modems. Will the sygate software support the usb modems or should I exchange the modems for ethernet modems ?

Not sure on that... but LAN connections are usually better supported by Windows based packages. Sygate has been acquired by Symantec, so you will have to look around download sites for it 🙁

BRO I DONT KNOW WHERE U LIVE . BUT IF U R IN ORISSA . I HAVE A GREAT DEAL FOR U . IN ORISSA BHUBANESWAR THE LOCAL CABLE OPERATOR GIVES HIGH SPEED BROADBAND CONNECTION FOR VERY CHIP PRICE.CONNECTION TYPE :- CABLECONNECTION SPEED :- 1MBPSCONNECTION RATIO :-1:1UPLINK :-UNLIMITEDDOWNLINK :-UNLIMITEDPER MONTH PRICE :-4000/-IS NOT IT FANTASTICAND IN NIGHT TIME THE CONNECTION SPEED GOWS TO 2.8 MBPS AS THE DAY TIME TRAFIC IN CABLE LINE REDUCED ....

!!!!!!!! 1 MBPS for RS 4000 and it unlimited .....nighttime 2.8 MBPS boy this guy is surely a relative of godly creaturesIn another topic he started he said he was having Dataone for past 4 year:lol:

Originally posted by anupamPRADHAN@Mar 1 2006, 12:08 AM
BROADBAND CONNECTION FOR VERY CHIP PRICE.
[snapback]43174[/snapback]
[/quote]

Amusing... 😀