1and1 Broadband / HNS 2Mbps Unlimited Thane West Review

• Thread starter Thread starter thundurus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 55,960

Just got my connection installed it. opted for the 10mbps(15mbps) plan. Was with MTNL before paying the same money for a 1.7 mbps ( or even much worse than that) plan. This plan is well worth the money.

Why have you written 10mbps(15mbps) ? I mean which plan is it exactly ?

sometimes watching youtube videos at 1080p gets stuck in the middle. The speed is enough to stream 1080p videos. Backing up google photos from my phone and also installing apps from play store don't download at full speed. They rarely hit the 1 MB/s mark and later go below 100 kbps 🙁

This is why i asked you what plan are you using , because 1and1 doesnt have any plans like this . Well as for the low speed you are getting , it is problem with your LCO . Contact them when you get low speed and ask them the reason for it .

Steam is going crazzy lol

image.png

Thread updated with new plan pic .

This is why i asked you what plan are you using , because 1and1 doesnt have any plans like this . Well as for the low speed you are getting , it is problem with your LCO . Contact them when you get low speed and ask them the reason for it .

Steam is going crazzy lol

image.png

Thread updated with new plan pic .
I guess you've got ur hns plan via 1and1. I got my connection directly from hns. Apart from google services, speedtest.net still shows a solid 10mbps of upload and download

I am using Honesty from 1&1 Broadband & Honesty Connection .

I updated Netgear router to Cisco Router suggested by the tech support .
Random disconnection seems to be less compare to my previous router , but it's still not eliminated .
( I will say every 2-3 days i get DC for few seconds or may be mins )

I will rate it 3.5 /5 . If they get rid of Random disconnection its easily 4/5 broadband .

Previous ISP : 5net , Looking forward for Spectra net .

I am using Honesty from 1&1 Broadband & Honesty Connection .

I updated Netgear router to Cisco Router suggested by the tech support .
Random disconnection seems to be less compare to my previous router , but it's still not eliminated .
( I will say every 2-3 days i get DC for few seconds or may be mins )

I will rate it 3.5 /5 . If they get rid of Random disconnection its easily 4/5 broadband .

Previous ISP : 5net , Looking forward for Spectra net .
Even initially I had issues. Later they said to just restart the router and disconnections happen due to heavy downloads. But coming from MTNL , HNS is way way better than mtnl. Getting 30 times the download speed (torrents) I used to get on MTNL. All android and ios apps that use lots of data just work flawlessly now.
I suggest you stick with this before heading for spectranet.Feedback of spectranet haven't been so great.Infact it was this thread that made me opt for HNS.
Happy downloading.

I am facing lot of disconnecting issues recently .

Any one has used MAC1 broadband ?

I am looking for reliable internet with minimum 20 Mbps speed no FUP .

Update 8th Feb 2016 :

In terms of Download speed , Games for Pings you will get best & Consistent .

They have random disconnection issue happening randomly which get fixed quickly .

Honestly compare to other services it better .

Last edited:
Does Honesty have plans to add Cache on steam ?

They are now supporting Cache on Uplay was getting 7-10 MBps which is awesome .

Torrent cache works but only on Popular torrents , Not all torrents are supported .

I am on the 4mbps yearly plan. Since the last couple of weeks i havent been able to peer torrents . Anyone else facing the issue or is it just me?

I even tried torrents which i had peered before to check.

Peering works , sometime it does not .

I am facing lot of disconnection recently for many hours & There phone lines are always busy .

Got MTNL internet as backup , Planning to get Mac1 broadband soon as 3rd backup internet.

Updating after a long time.. Getting a lot of complaints from many people in my neighborhood and from my parents too regarding the horrible random disconnections, today itself the internet was unstable and constantly getting disconnected for 5-10 minutes.
Called the customer care and they said it is a problem with my router... Ok maybe it is a problem with my old router but what about the others ? They have router given by you and still facing the same issue..

Pretty disappointed with the service, Updated the rating
Find an alternate service and lastly
1and1 Fix your shit or loose all customers slowly

I Am sick and Tired of this INTERNET !!! I am ready to change my home to get High speed internet in India without FUP and without disconnects please SUGGEST !!