1984 Anti-Sikh Riots

devx101

Senior
ISP
LL/cable/3G then bck to EDGE
1984 riots: ‘Why nobody noticed Amitabh Bachchan spewing venom in India’ - The Times of India

Following Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's assassination by her Sikh bodyguards Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, India erupted in riots against Sikhs in 1984. Reminiscing the sad memories of hate crime against Sikhs she said, "I watched live relay on Doordarshan and saw Amitabh Bachchan raising his arm and shouting the slogan, 'khun ka badla khun sae laengae' (Blood for blood) two times. "

Startling revelations, if true he should really apologize for it publicly. One should not expect such words from a mass leader.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
ISP
N/A
I won't be surprised if he indeed said such a thing. He has never been the smartest of people, definitely not when he was younger.

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
ISP
Airtel
Prima Facie these are false allegations. Amitabh has not been named in the anti-Sikh riots before. Considering senior Congress leaders have been implicated there is no reason why Amitabh would have been spared, specially after he severed all ties with the Congress and even campaigned against them in UP.Is it a surprise that these allegations surfaced in Australia all of a sudden at a time when Amitabh is busy inaugurating a travel bursary in the name of his father in Melbourne?

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
Tell the same to people who have lost lives...

first things first....why after 3 decades suddenly this thing surfaced...????? i don't believe it. u it seems are being emotional .....a name just came after 3 decades and u started firing....

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
first things first....why after 3 decades suddenly this thing surfaced...????? i don't believe it. u it seems are being emotional .....a name just came after 3 decades and u started firing....

Why a name came up now is food for thought, some politics would have been involved.

But does not not convert a wrong to right. Does it?

If someone did something wrong, he should be punished...

Imagine if someone close to you had lost lives due to this. WIll it be the same reaction then?

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
Umm I think he is telling that to me, because I am taking Narendra Modi's side.

In reality if any relative dies, u feel it, u miss them. But u get over it in 3-4 months or 3-4 years. (u miss them here and there at occassions)

But if u still feel like taking REVENGE after 3 decades (that too all of a sudden), u shud know that may be u r no different from that person u r trying to take REVENGE on.

That person may have changed in 3 decades, may really be sorry from heart, but you have not changed, u still want REVENGE.

----------

Abt Amitabh, its still not clear if he really did that.

And do NOT forget that in 1984 Indira Gandhi was like mother to him.

So ur principle applies, anybody whose close person die might put up such statement against person/community whom he thinks is reponsible for.

Ofcourse its wrong, but I am putting this statement from your principle/view point.

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
Umm I think he is telling that to me, because I am taking Narendra Modi's side.

In reality if any relative dies, u feel it, u miss them. But u get over it in 3-4 months or 3-4 years. (u miss them here and there at occassions)

But if u still feel like taking REVENGE after 3 decades (that too all of a sudden), u shud know that may be u r no different from that person u r trying to take REVENGE on.

That person may have changed in 3 decades, may really be sorry from heart, but you have not changed, u still want REVENGE.

----------

Abt Amitabh, its still not clear if he really did that.

And do NOT forget that in 1984 Indira Gandhi was like mother to him.

So ur principle applies, anybody whose close person die might put up such statement against person/community whom he thinks is reponsible for.

Ofcourse its wrong, but I am putting this statement from your principle/view point.

No sir, nothing to do with Narendra Modi. U r mixing it up :)

So what u mean if someone did something wrong sometime back. If its old enuf then just forget it cos its long time back.

Think if Hitler had somehow escaped then and comeback now surely u wud say that its been a long time and even the people who lost their families have moved on, let him live. Great justice!

If a mother had lost her son and husband, she will definitely continue living cos she has no other way. So that means she shud forget it. Good.

There are thousands of cases in courts which have been dragged to many years and justice has not been done. May be the courts shud tell them to forget it it as its been a long time and the people have moved on with their lives...

Great logic though.

----------

I guess u know the difference between revenge and justice.

People are asking for justice!

----------

from ur logic, I will murder someone. Feel sorry about it. Then am free!

wow

ISP
Beam Fiber
Why did these things come up suddenly? Its not a proud thing for us indians and we should forget it!If you DO like to remember the things of past..think of Chernobyl massacre ...people are still born with genetic defects there even today :/

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
First of .. Amitabh didnt murder anyone.

2nd as I said, its not clear if that is true that he passed that statement.

3rd, Indira Gandhi was kind of family member to him. Or he was like his son. So anyone can pass such statement in such situation.

I am not taking side of Amitabh. I am saying u consider all these things, and then consider that 3 decades have passed.

Justice shud come. But first prove if those allegations are true. Then see the circumstances in which such a statement came. And then see the time period that has passed.

Sometimes forgiving is better than punishing. I think in case if Amitabh did such a thing, forgiving wud be better.

PS. I am not Amitabh fan!

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
But before any allegations have surfaced you have acquitted him saying that its an old issue.All I have been saying that if he is wrong, he shud be tried.The murder part, I was giving u an example, I didnt say he did that.So u mean if he was like a son to Indira Gandhi, he can incite a mob by saying this. Tell me what rule of law gives him power to do that.I am not taking sides of anyone, even I dont like digging up graves but justice has to be delivered. I do like the Israeli way of newspapers. No crime/killing news on the first page of a news paper. We need to see the good side of life.BTW u didnt answer my questions...

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
Innocent until proven guilty is what law says and not me.And I am not acquitting him just like that. I am saying forgiving wud be better in this case.Imagine if this case goes to court, how much time will be wasted by our country in discussing who is right and who is wrong?Case might go on for years.Imagine if Amitabh is proven guilty, what will be people's reaction? There can be another violence if Amitabh is sent to jail.There are even more consequence which I am not going to mention. Like how much politics will be played by these politicians using SENTIMENTS of each group (anti-Amitabh / Pro-Amitabh etc.)So consider all that, and think .. if a statement given in RAGE is worth more or peace in country is worth more? And that too after 3 decades??