can we use dish tv sim in sun stb...

• Thread starter Thread starter hsnavas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,179

hsnavas

ISP
bsnl
hi guys.. i dont know much about stb...can we use dishtv sim in sun stb...how to do auto scan.......please reply ...thnx in advance...

hi mr.hsnavas I thing its not possible ..... since it a dedicated to only one service.. but in future this may be possible with stb been used as an moblie phone were we can change the subscriber...instead of changing the whole unit

dishtv smart card is paired with set top box ...dish tv used difference cas system and sundirect uses irdeto ........so it is not possible to use dishtv smart card in sundirect stb...

deva,

can hathway stb be used with sun direct?

no it is not possible hathway stb is cable stb......for receving dth signal satellite stb is required...and also sundirect uses mpeg4 so mpeg4 satellite stb is required to receive sundirect signals....

deva,but which makes difference. Even cable operator use dish to receive the channels from satellite. So, the signals are sent via the cable through all houses from cable room. In that case, the signal which hathway stb receives also is digital no??I am confused here how stb differes in receiving signals. Till now i thought only the encryption technology changes in the STB like MPEG2/MPEG4. like a bit technical, how the signal are getting delivered from satellite. Is the tv station will transmit signals in differect encryption? Where the actual encryption happens (like mpeg4/mpeg2). . do you have any idea.. if yes, can you share.

deva,
but which makes difference. Even cable operator use dish to receive the channels from satellite. So, the signals are sent via the cable through all houses from cable room. In that case, the signal which hathway stb receives also is digital no??
I am confused here how stb differes in receiving signals. Till now i thought only the encryption technology changes in the STB like MPEG2/MPEG4.
like a bit technical, how the signal are getting delivered from satellite. Is the tv station will transmit signals in differect encryption? Where the actual encryption happens (like mpeg4/mpeg2). . do you have any idea.. if yes, can you share.

for receiving signal from satellite - satellite receiver(stb) is must.
in cable we are getting signal through cable so cable stb is required.

MPEG2/MPEG4 is not encryption technique,, it is compression technology...irdeto,NDS is are some encryption technology..

yes tv stations use different encryption techniques but we didnt care about it ...dth operators receive that signal like cable tv operator does... again they compress it using mpeg2/4 and then encrypt the signal and then again the uplink their signal in satellite...

Ok, i think now i could able to get some thing about the transmission technology.for receiving signal from satellite - satellite receiver(stb) is must. in cable we are getting signal through cable so cable stb is required..in the second point "in cable we are getting signal through cable so cable stb is required"... but is there any intermediate device used at the cable control room to transmit signals from different dishes into one hub and then transmitting signals over the cable?In that case, the signals which comes through cable are digital or analog? Because there is lot many difference when we compare the quality of audio/video with DTH.Will there be any improvement happen if you use the MPEG2 STB of DISH TV/Tata Sky with our cable TV?