• Thread starter Thread starter Chetan_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 12,553

Chetan_

ISP
bsnl
Hi there,

I have BSNL U900 plan for last 6 months but I have never been able to use my Wireless broadband with my Laptop which has got Windows Vista, and I also cannot connect my Nokia N95, Nokia E90 and Sony psp through the wireless Modem.. 😡

I have googled and found many things to try to connect but I failed, :ashamed:

My Modem make is WA3002-g1 ADSL MODEM (Type-II).

Lately I'm also having problem with the link as it dropping like in every 10-15 minutes and connecting again, but I think its a problem from the exchange. 😕

I would really appreciate your effort if you could kindly give your expert advice as how I can be wirelessly connected to my devices,

Please help me. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Chetan

firstly, are you using bridged mode or ppoe mode?secondly, DHCP should be switched on...

firstly, are you using bridged mode or ppoe mode?
secondly, DHCP should be switched on...

WAN Virtual Circuit
:
PVC0PVC1PVC2PVC3PVC4PVC5PVC6PVC7 Status
:
Connected Connection Type
:
PPPoE IP Address
:
----------- Subnet Mask
:
255.255.255.255 Default Gateway
:
59.94.128.1 DNS Server
:
218.248.240.79 PPP connection time
:
0:00:16:19

Subnet Mask
:
255.255.255.0 DHCP Server
:
Enabled

its on ppoe mode and yes DHCp is enabled.

I mainly think my problem is cos i have Windows Vista is my laptop and the software i was provided with the modem did not installed in my laptop.

WA3002-g1 ADSL MODEM (Type-II) MENU
UTSTARCOM WA3002-G1 MULTIUSER GUIDE FOR BSNL DATAONE USERS - India Broadband Wiki

Please confirm WIFI working alright for laptop.
I remember I posted some info about N95+ wifI BB. earlier. let me check it up

hello essbebe thanks for reply let me check the links and come back with the answers.

WA3002-g1 ADSL MODEM (Type-II) MENU
UTSTARCOM WA3002-G1 MULTIUSER GUIDE FOR BSNL DATAONE USERS - India Broadband Wiki

Please confirm WIFI working alright for laptop.
I remember I posted some info about N95+ wifI BB. earlier. let me check it up

hi essbebe,

i tried this pdf file but it didnt help and my wirless didnt worked..

kindly help

Start Net work / Local area connection Hope OK.Local wireless network -- check any icon ? any message ?TRY: Start All programs/ accessories/Communications/ Wireless network set up wizard. What is the wireless lan card in your laptop ?

first of all are you able to see your wifi router from your laptop? go to http://192.168.1.1 and type username/password as admin/admin or admin/password .. then go to the WIRELESS TAB.. and make sure you have entered an SSID NAME and a WEP key.. also make sure broadcast is turned on.

@chetan
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/13547-bsnl-dataone-wa3002-g1/
Please see this thread also. Problem was solved for wireless there .

Only when you confirm that you can access the Internet in wireless mode with laptop
we can take up N95. Down loaded some references/links.

By the way a patch has been recommended for XP.
MAY not apply to VISTA
see this.install Windows XP Hot Fix KB893357 from Microsoft Download Centre.
Just search for KB893357. Checking up.
This update to Windows XP provides support for Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), which is the latest standards-based wireless security solution derived from the IEEE 802.11i standard. It also contains Wireless Provisioning Services (WPS) Information Element support, which enables improvements in wireless network discoverability.

hi essbebe, i tried all the things but my wireless dont work.. i just wanna knw is it the problem with operating system or any one had got connected wirelessly with Windows Vista in it.

thanks

@chetan

Only when you confirm that you can access the Internet in wireless mode with laptop
we can take up N95. Down loaded some references/links.

By the way a patch has been recommended for XP.
MAY not apply to VISTA
see this.install Windows XP Hot Fix KB893357 from Microsoft Download Centre.
Just search for KB893357. Checking up.

i also downloaded this Windows XP Hot Fix KB893357 but its giving error "Not enough memory" in installing tho i got 2gb ram + 250 gb space in my laptop.

hi as per the above mentioned thread i have done all the things that wer mentioned and even in http://192.168.1.1/ i have done all the things now there is a link WA3002-g1 (Type-II) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

in which complete details r mentioned about the wirless connectivity but im attaching few screen shots which will reveal that windows vista dont have those options

please check it and suggest as i how do i go abt...🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
start/ run type cmd type ip/config/allstart network / lan or wireless network Both active ?

Happy to join the bandwagon on this guys. Same problem here - Vista laptop won't connect wirelessly to Wa3002-g1 BSNL router whereas my WinXP laptop does. Seems to be a Vista problem and I've followed through with a registry modification for disabling the DHCP broadcast flag on Vista (found on a MS page) but even that won't work. The problem is that once you connect to the router, you only get local connectivity and not internet connectivity.
Appreciate your help.

Edit: MS page with instructions on modifying vista registry (courtesy vinuthomas.com)
Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers

members/trinetra/Welcome to Broadbandforum.inUsual tweak : disable IPv6 ( in TCP/IP page uncheck)In TCP/IP properties Advanced Netbios over IP Select "Default"feedback please

start/ run type cmd type ip/config/all
start network / lan or wireless network Both active ?

Hi essbebe,

first of all start/ run type cmd is not is not in windows vista here u have to press windows key and same time press r key...

secondly the cmd ip/config/all does not work in windows vista.. I hit n tried so ipconfig/all worked.

Im attaching the screen shot of my cmd screen.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?e786696d5f.jpg

please see the full image as it will show all the details.

Kindly help..

Chetan