• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,545

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Dammit i was unable to login today. Everytime i used to get Request timed out. and sometimes reply. Damn whats happening in Sify. Earlier after doing ping i used to get 2ms-4ms now 24ms ,30ms, 4ms,125ms,9ms. I there any one from Mumbai facing similar problems

No problems in our area atleast. Chk with ur local cable operator. Call up sify customer care and demand for a supervisor, ask him about the status of hte area pronto and necessary compensation for their downtimes.(It works) Be very angry when you call customer care and maintain proper rapport with your local operator if they give you compensation packs.

Too much bickering needed on Sify. Ony paying monthly charges are not enough. What a headache.

Dude seriously, reformat your PC or install, update and scan with AntiVir/AVG, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy and install (if you haven't already) Zonealarm firewall with the High security setting for the internet.

Originally posted by inetbum@Sep 8 2005, 06:19 PM
Dude seriously, reformat your PC or install, update and scan with AntiVir/AVG, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy and install (if you haven't already) Zonealarm firewall with the High security setting for the internet.
[snapback]24437[/snapback]
[/quote]

what pings gotta do with viruses 🤔 Man u speakin like a sify engineer 😛

man even i am experience downtime here in mumbai from past 3 days.
What is this sify upto first that is some 1 month back i used to get 1ms reply with ttl=30
now it comes like 2ms with ttl=255 & even packet loss after some 12 replies.
I am definately sure its my CTO's problem.But that cto never listen.

Yes neo you are right. Cto's never listen. Why dont sify gives us an Modem instead of Switch or a Hub

I talked about viruses because krish mentioned that his computer hangs in another thread alongwith high pings and the CTO told him it was okay on their end and other members of this forum also suggested a malware scan/reformat.

An engineer from sify had visited my house today. He checked my pings it was indeed slow. He agreed. He couldn't do anything. Lastly he told me that the port must have been damaged. It should be replaced by local engineer (CTO).

downtime in my area-mumbai since last night and is down till now.