• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,382

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Today i observed a new type of problem first time in Sify i.e. When i enable my connection my keyboard,mouse gets stuck up. It gets something like hanged. I called the local Cable people. He came to my house. First he told me that i have Virus in my pc. He also showed me by typing Netstat -an in command prompt even though i have scanned my pc with an good antivirus and the ping too iam getting late. He tells me that there is no problem with their side. Tell me your views and guide me what i have to do now

Download the latest stinger, boot your PC in safe mode. Run the stinger and perform a thorough scan.

If u have any good antivirus software, perform a thorough scan with it also in safe mode.

Hope that helps.

Guess wot?if those did not solve your problem, then u gotta format ur PC. This time when u install a fresh copy of windows, dont forget to install the following things:Kaspersky or NOD32 AntivirusZone Alarm Firewall Ad-Aware (Make sure Ad-watch is running in the system and giving u real time protection)

I have formatted the pc two days ago

Then scan using a full fledged AV like AntiVir or AVG (they are free) and also Spybot Search and Destroy which complements Adaware and see it it solves your problems.

Originally posted by krish_88@Sep 7 2005, 11:28 AM
I have formatted the pc two days ago
[snapback]24277[/snapback]
[/quote]

Do as Inetbum says and if that too does not solve ur problem then I am afraid but u gotta format it again 🤔

Tried everything none worked. Still the same. iam not going to reformat its a headache

I think it may be a start up program that may cause conflict. Its best to get your experienced cable guy to disable the startup programs from msconfig and then try. (You may check if you connect in safe mode as well to confirm a conflict). Problems may be due to some various reasons or extreme firewall setup or excessive security which may block data passage. Also chk out:h**p://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040408.gtss4apr8/BNStory/Troubleshooter/I beg to differ that it is due to a trojan or virus( touchwood) 🙂

Do you have dial-up or any other way to access net on your PC? If you do, try it and see whether the same thing happens. If not then it's a Sify peculiarity only.

dude check ur system event logs i should show some error when ever ur mouse or keyboard hangs and see that error code it generates and then check it onlineand what do u mean by enable ur connection u enable ur lan card and experience mouse and keyboard hang or do u login to sify